Search the forum,

Discuss Vented heating system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Have come to flush a large house, vented heating, invented hot water.

Go to the header tank and there's no vent pipe :/ just the feed, overflow and cold in..

Huh?!?!?

Never seen it before.. how stupid do I feel now!!!

I would not feel stupid you cannot know everything... you learn everyday even though you don't notice it much.

But you've got the good reliable lads here they are always helpful so It's like a little family helping each other :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I would not feel stupid you cannot know everything... you learn everyday even though you don't notice it much.

But you've got the good reliable lads here they are always helpful so It's like a little family helping each other :)

It is indeed Matchless Plumb - dunno what I'd do without you lot!!!!

Never seen it before.. how stupid do I feel now!!!

Ease up on yourself Jay!!!!!

Just because you haven't seen something done someway before doesn't make you stupid!

I don't think anyone on here thinks you are stupid.

Nor do I think anyone on here thinks you questions are stupid.

Ok - you don't have the experience of some of us, bus some of us with experience still get stumped, and we have to call someone with more experience.

That's nothing to be ashamed about.

Keep asking questions on here and you will get the best answers from experienced plumbers.

Don't worry - we've got your back.

Ease up on yourself Jay!!!!!

Just because you haven't seen something done someway before doesn't make you stupid!

I don't think anyone on here thinks you are stupid.

Nor do I think anyone on here thinks you questions are stupid.

Ok - you don't have the experience of some of us, bus some of us with experience still get stumped, and we have to call someone with more experience.

That's nothing to be ashamed about.

Keep asking questions on here and you will get the best answers from experienced plumbers.

Don't worry - we've got your back.

Mate, thank you!! I swear one day we should all take a day off and have a mass meet up!!!!

Sould be a 22mm feed tho jay and conman in bungalows to stop them venting over

Sould be a 22mm feed tho jay and conman in bungalows to stop them venting over

Yeah it's 22.. ah ok.. well, I've learned something today which can only be a good thing :) cheers Shaun!!

Yeah it's 22.. ah ok.. well, I've learned something today which can only be a good thing :) cheers Shaun!!

Problem is where do we store all this info :D I'm sure it pushes somthing else out

Mate, sometimes I forget to put on undies.. I know where mines going lol

Who wears them anyway and there hope for you yet unless you forgot your name

Mate, sometimes I forget to put on undies.. I know where mines going lol

Who wears them anyway and there hope for you yet unless you forgot your name

I got mad love for Shaun, I'm not gonna lie :) haha

Well Jay,

I only give advice on particulars that I am experienced in.

As stated in earlier post, we all get stumped on somethings, and I am stumped!.

PM Croppie for further advice on how you should proceed !!!!!

Well Jay,

I only give advice on particulars that I am experienced in.

As stated in earlier post, we all get stumped on somethings, and I am stumped!.

PM Croppie for further advice on how you should proceed !!!!!

Haha good reply!!

Well I have to but in here (excuse my interrupting the underpant discussions for a Mo), and ask the question !!!

I've seen plenty of combined feed and vent before but not without the vent pipe, as in vent over tank and cold feed tee'd into the vent.

If I saw a system with no vent pipe 'at all', ! I would be pondering too.

So .....pray tell, is this some odd ball set up that plumbers in other parts of the UK use ? or am I missing the point

Last edited:
Well I have to but in here (excuse my interrupting the underpant discussions for a Mo), and ask the question !!!

I've seen plenty of combined feed and vent before but not without the vent pipe, as in vent over tank and cold feed tee'd into the vent.

If I saw a system with no vent pipe 'at all', ! I would be pondering too.

So .....pray tell, is this some odd ball set up that plumbers in other parts of the UK use ? or am I missing the point

Which is why I saw it and went ... 'huh?' (Literally)

Well Jaydebruyne, In my humble opinion you are right to go 'Huh'?

I'd be looking into that further. Never known an open vented system without a vent.

You're either missing something or it's wrong ! In my opinion

Last edited:

Well Jaydebruyne, In my humble opinion you are right to go 'Huh'?

I'd be looking into that further. Never known an open vented system without a vent.

You're either missing something or it's wrong ! In my opinion

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vented heating system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock