Search the forum,

Discuss Vented cylinder installation in Bedford ASAP in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

my hot water cylinder started leaking two weeks ago, my landlord has British Gas cover and they were meant to be coming tomorrow to fit a new one, the cylinder got delivered this morning but they’ve then cancelled due to strike action so can’t come for another two weeks which in the meantime means I still have no hot water!

They’ve told the landlord that they will reimburse him if he’s able to get someone else to come out and fit it hence why I’m on here!

So what I’m after please is for someone to come out and remove the old cylinder which has already been drained down and isolated and fit the new one as soon as possible, my landlord will pay you directly and then he’ll claim back off BG afterwards.

Here’s the new one sat in my front room taunting me....
4568EBB6-717F-4DD0-9C84-196D583F1BA5.jpeg

And here’s the old one.......

A6F1EB21-445E-452E-B5A2-C25CB527586B.jpeg

Thanks in advance,

Carl.

Reply to Vented cylinder installation in Bedford ASAP in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello I’m hoping for some perceptive / input as I’m a long-distance landlord trying to unpick the best thing to do. Gas safety certificate was done on my rental flat (1st floor) which has a 10 year old Aviston E-combi EVO boiler. It failed based on rusting external flu components, which has...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m replacing my old Honeywell Smartfit system on a oil fired gravity-fed system in a bungalow. I’ve read conflicting advice on gravity fed systems requiring an AAV, unless in a bungalow to aid bleeding on first fill? One AAV is in the loft on - what I think - is the boiler return pipe...
Replies
Views
Hello friends - I really struggle to understand my heating and hot water system I posted my question on Diynot but it ended up being five pages and couldnt get to the bottom of it and I thought worth asking the elders on here for their view - Hot water temp is 40 Degrees - Ideal Mexico 2...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am renovating a small bathroom in an apartment on the 5th floor. Heating is electric, no gas or oil. I have four (related) questions about this below. I had intended to reuse the cold water tank and the cylinder sitting underneath it but my plumber suggested I replace the cylinder as...
Replies
Views
Had a plumber in whilst I was on holiday to fix a leaking condensate pipe on system boiler but have noticed he’s also fitted something on my unvented cylinder on the return secondary circuit. I’ve circled the part on the two pics. Anybody got any idea of what this is? Plumber not returning any...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock