Search the forum,

Discuss Vent sucking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mopup

Connected up new solid fuel system with all appropriate non return valves. Done away with cold feed to heating using the one feeding the solid fuel instead. Pump is on the positive side of the vent but is sucking quite badly. Solution please?

get a competent hetas qualified engineer to put the system into a safe working order.

I am hetas qualified, often and gas safe. Qualifications coming outa my ears I'm afraid. I was sceptical about coming on this as everyone reckons that it's for the DIYr. I fit heating systems day an daily. I cannot tee cold feed in where its supposed to as it will heat through the stove when heating is on. Constructive information greatly received. Thank you.

what does it say in your hetas wet training manual?? what does it say in the stove instructions?

why have you fitted non returns valves? is the pump on the return and the heating system pipework seperate? have you fitted a temp relief valve with discharge pipework?

i know guys fitting heating systems every day, they are terrible heating engineers. practice dont always make perfect LOL

Last edited:
It is a three pipe system with injector tee. Non returns are installed at tee where stove enters heating to prevent oil heating stove and non return on boiler flow to prevent stove heating oil boiler. The pump is on the flow and is after the open vent. There is only around 1.5m between pump and water level and pipes are coming through the roof space. Can't raise tank as its basically at the ridge of roof. Would prefer each system has its own vent.

Customer does not want to go to expense of neutraliser. When I teed in cold feed to stop this it made a circuit between stove and oil as cold feed is on flow of one device and return on another?

Why didn't you do it properly useing a neutraliser?
From what your saying it is a lash up. How is the heat leak from the solid fuel piped or is it all running off the pump?

shouldn't have given customer choice of having neutraliser or not.

How have you worked out that it is a "lash up"? There is a twin coil cylinder in place. Gravity pipework from stove to cylinder. Heat leak is teed off these to a 2 KW rad. There is a pumped flow from the stove to the rads and an injector tee on in the Hotpress. The oil pipework rises from ground floor to roof space where I have an AAV on return and an open vent on flow. It then drops into Hotpress where my pump is and continues to bypass and two zone vales.

i never worked out much from the information you gave.
Run a separate feed and expansion from each side of the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vent sucking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock