Search the forum,

Discuss Veissman in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
What are these boilers like ?

anygood , just been chatting at the suppliers about them not badly priced for starters

I had plenty of problems with the Vitroden 100. In fact as a manager of a large utility company I made the decision to remove all that had been installed by the previous management team. This was due to high breakdown rates poor service from Viessman service team (the boilers were fitted in the homes of the elderly and the were left without heating and hot water sometimes for over a week as service calls were not attended too).
The boilers maybe better now but what about the in warranty support? No one expects boilers to go down but they do, if they did not why have a service department. Once bitten.........

The actual boilers are very good,can hold there own with the best,they could do with a good distributor here,trouble is profit margins not good in this country... once past the cover period,parts can be a pain to get hold of and as said back up dodgy .....but look after a few and have had no problems with them and are very reliable ....

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi the 100 range on combi /system is okish rubber hoses attract and hold iron oxide rust,pcb r not reliable and can be noisy on fire up.the budget 050 boiler has fog horn noise on start up and issues with divertor,the heat onlys are difficult to get air out main hex,the 200 range are hit and miss with pcbs not doing there job,not sure what service is like but not been to positive when speaking to other engineers
Apart from that all ok,I used to fit/maintain them,but now get involved on other brands

^^^^^WTH, ^^^^^^^been fitting them for years, absolute quality. There isnt a boiler that can touch the 200.

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent boilers when working.....

Have found they eat gaskets & electrodes, built-in mech clock are rubbish, grey flue looks pants. Legendary idea to put PRV & condense in same pipe though!

Rubber hoses on boilers leave me cold.
Supposedly quite good boilers though.

lets stop this thread before some of those facebook posters turn up and ruin this forum!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Veissman in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock