Search the forum,

Discuss Veissman 101 boiler condensate. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all
Is it normal for the flue outlet to be dripping water onto the outside drive and window sill when its running, i say no as the condensate should run back into the internal drain.
Views much appreciated.

Darren has nailed it above , however if you go it the boiler with a very small spirit level you should be able to see the flue “fall “ back to the boiler .
Has it just been installed?

Darren has nailed it above , however if you go it the boiler with a very small spirit level you should be able to see the flue “fall “ back to the boiler .
Has it just been installed?
Yes, been in about two months, appart from that and a few other niggles its been excellent.
Have underfloor heating so its set up as a s system, had to disconnect manifold thermostat and pump on the floor manifold but that solved a couple of issues.
Good boilers.

Yes, been in about two months, appart from that and a few other niggles its been excellent.
Have underfloor heating so its set up as a s system, had to disconnect manifold thermostat and pump on the floor manifold but that solved a couple of issues.
Good boilers.
Just check if it “ falls” , if its level, or “ falling” the wrong way

And how hot is the floor getting? The mixing valve and pump is there for a reason.
The floor seems to be warming up as before, I agree with what you said, the pump and manifold thermostat are there for a reason and they are an integral part of the design, however the system would not work with them connected and the only solution was to disconnect both.
Before anyone says call back the installer he knows less about it tham me.

The floor seems to be warming up as before, I agree with what you said, the pump and manifold thermostat are there for a reason and they are an integral part of the design, however the system would not work with them connected and the only solution was to disconnect both.
Sounds like you need a new heating engineer then. Without the mixing valve you run the risk of damaging whatever floor covering you’ve got as the floor temperature could easily exceed what it’s meant to.
Also I imagine the UFH won’t be as efficient to run.

Sounds like it is not wired up correctly. You need someone who is experienced in controls and how to wire them up. We see it all the time with more complicated set ups not wired up correctly. We end up totally undoing the control centre wires. Then starting from scratch, belling every cable there is to find exactly where each cable goes and what it should be doing and where it should be connected to for each individual ancillary device.

Sounds like you need a new heating engineer then. Without the mixing valve you run the risk of damaging whatever floor covering you’ve got as the floor temperature could easily exceed what it’s meant to.
Also I imagine the UFH won’t be as efficient to run.
Your probably right, but I had a real problem finding this one and he assured me he was familiar with ufh systems and had installed a good few.
I think the real issue is that the ufh system was pe existing, installed by me, and had been working successfully for seven years or so and to be honest the two issues i had with it after the new boiler was installed was resolved by myself.
The ftemp is much the same as it was before so hopefully it shouldn't cause any problems.
Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Reply to Veissman 101 boiler condensate. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hiya - posting in this forum as I'm guessing this relates to my neighbour above's boiler, but I may be wrong so please say if so. Basically the attached pix and vids show my issue. I've got a small copper-looking pipe protruding from the wall above my rear tenement bedroom. It's dripping almost...
Replies
Views
Hi, Boiler is losing pressure, from 1.5 bar to 0 bar in about 4 hours. Have checked all rads and seem to be fine, no water out external prv pipe. If the heat exchanger is faulty what do I need to look for? There is a constant run of water from the condensate pipe when heating on but not sure...
Replies
Views
I have a CH boiler installation with a nice simple vertical condensate drain, down and out through the wall to a pipe outside. All is as it should be but I'm fitting an upgraded external pipe setup to include insulation. The inner 22mm pipe mates with the 32mm pipe just inside the house. It...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am probably being unduly paranoid here but I noticed under our kitchen sink that there is some corrosion evident on a small section of copper pipe between compression fittings on the hot water feed. There are take offs for an outside hot and cold tap together with isolation valves and...
Replies
Views
Engineer has installed several boilers for me. All the condensate pipes have been connected externally into soil stack or rain water downpipe. In each case he just drilled a hole in the pipe, and stuck the condensate in the side, smeared glue everywhere. No boss, or branch. Is this allowed, is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock