Search the forum,

Discuss Veisman or Worcester Bosch Boiler in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi guys, just after a little advice please.

I must be very fortunate, as I have a 28 year old Valiant VCW-GB242-EH Combi Boiler, which over the 28 years has only had minor leaks caused by the odd gasket and rubber diaphragm replacement...Fingers crossed.

I do however realise that the party may end soon, and I should be prepared to replace soon.
I guess the obvious choice would be another Valiant, given how reliable this one is, but I've been warned no boilers are made as well these days especially Valiant.

I have to admit to being a Bosch fan boy when it comes to household appliances, but I am aware they use alloy heat exchangers which I have heard should be avoided
The other boiler on my list is Veisman, as I have heard they are reliable and they use stainless steel heat exchangers.
Also there doesn't seem to be an easy route to outside for a condensate pipe, so I believe a pump could be used.

We live in a bungalow.

I would be interested in your recommendations for Boiler brand and this stainless versus Alloy exchanger debate, and is the pump system for condensate reliable.

Many thanks for reading

Everyone has different opinions, and I tried to give an overview but there's too much to go through. So I've made it as basic as possible.

Viessmann - better boilers all around in every aspect.
lack an integrated control package Suitable for UK market and tech can be a little fiddley to get setup (best to get fitted by a 'viessmann guy').
Availability of parts is notably less than the likes of worcester, Vaillant, baxi etc.
Compared to most I'd say support is good but not up to Worcester Bosch level.

Worcester- top quality worthy of being top 4. Newer models (4000/8000) are up with the best for efficiency and style. They are heavy but (so is viessmann). Plug and play so no need to get to involved with setup of controls. They have a solid integrated control options with their 'easy control' (which I recommend). Aftersails, parts Availability and service network is imo second to none. There is an awkward gap in the new range which I guess will be filled by a 6000 range???
Basically if you want a cupboard fit over 30kw you're still looking at a Cdi compact (good but a little outdated compared to others now)

Summary- for boiler itself you'd have to choose viessmann but add in worcesters easy control and after service and it swings towards them for me. If you perceive any uncertainty in viessmann's commitment to uk market or consider that worcester boilers are designed and made specifically for UK market and our practices then I'd choose a worcester boiler (if a 4000 or 8000 fits the bill) if not and you can wait for the 6000 (if that's what it will be) then I'd wait.
That being said viessmann are bringing out controls to suit the UK soon.

I don't think the ss vs aluminium thing is an issue with worcester (altho it is with some others) as theirs are good and proven.

Everyone has different opinions, and I tried to give an overview but there's too much to go through. So I've made it as basic as possible.

Viessmann - better boilers all around in every aspect.
lack an integrated control package Suitable for UK market and tech can be a little fiddley to get setup (best to get fitted by a 'viessmann guy').
Availability of parts is notably less than the likes of worcester, Vaillant, baxi etc.
Compared to most I'd say support is good but not up to Worcester Bosch level.

Worcester- top quality worthy of being top 4. Newer models (4000/8000) are up with the best for efficiency and style. They are heavy but (so is viessmann). Plug and play so no need to get to involved with setup of controls. They have a solid integrated control options with their 'easy control' (which I recommend). Aftersails, parts Availability and service network is imo second to none. There is an awkward gap in the new range which I guess will be filled by a 6000 range???
Basically if you want a cupboard fit over 30kw you're still looking at a Cdi compact (good but a little outdated compared to others now)

Summary- for boiler itself you'd have to choose viessmann but add in worcesters easy control and after service and it swings towards them for me. If you perceive any uncertainty in viessmann's commitment to uk market or consider that worcester boilers are designed and made specifically for UK market and our practices then I'd choose a worcester boiler (if a 4000 or 8000 fits the bill) if not and you can wait for the 6000 (if that's what it will be) then I'd wait.
That being said viessmann are bringing out controls to suit the UK soon.

I don't think the ss vs aluminium thing is an issue with worcester (altho it is with some others) as theirs are good and proven.
Thanks mate for the detailed reply, that covers exactly what I was after. Many thanks for your time and expertise
All the best:)

hi SimonG - why would you not go near Worcester?

i am getting a lot of conflicting advice about them

all the which? awards, best after care and parts availability, most popular boiler on market, etc

but then someone else will come along and say they are overpriced and go wrong more - and all the rest is just marketing!

can you elaborate?

I wouldn't go near Worcester with somebody else's. But then I do oil.

hi SimonG - why would you not go near Worcester?

i am getting a lot of conflicting advice about them

all the which? awards, best after care and parts availability, most popular boiler on market, etc

but then someone else will come along and say they are overpriced and go wrong more - and all the rest is just marketing!

can you elaborate?
He's referring to oil boilers.
There are better options in this sector.

Reply to Veisman or Worcester Bosch Boiler in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30Si combi boiler, the analog clock has stopped and the On-Timer-Off switch only works on Timer setting,. So I have set all the little timer switches to ON and the boiler does work then. Any help or source for a new clock would be great. TIA
Replies
Views
D
hi everyone a local installer has recently quoted me ÂŁ3,660 for a complete install using the main eco compact 25kw boiler i have also been waiting for more feedback and reviews of the new worcester bosch 1000 which seems to be getting quite positive initial feedback, and a few criticisms which...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 131795
D
Greetings. I have an external Worcester Bosch Heatslave boiler and have a question about pressure. The boiler pressure was set to 1.5 during a recent visit by a plumber (as it seemed to have dropped and was hovering between the green and red zone) . A few days later I turned the thermostat down...
Replies
Views
Greetings. I have an external Worcester Bosch Heatslave boiler and have a question about pressure. The boiler pressure was set to 1.5 during a recent visit by a plumber (as it seemed to have dropped and was hovering between the green and red zone) . A few days later I turned the thermostat down...
Replies
Views
T
Hello, I have just moved in to a new flat this week and have a problem with noise coming from somewhere around the top of the boiler. It's a loud clicking/knocking sound that lasts about a minute, stops for 20-30 seconds and starts again. It seems to happen at night, starting in the evening...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock