Search the forum,

Discuss Vehicle Gas Safety Signs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi, Do any of you guys have these stickers on your van? And if so, have you got your registration number on it? I bought some the other day with my number on, and then got told it was a silly idea by the guy who taught me. As people could use my number falsely.

Have any of you experienced this at all?

GSR number is filled in on all gas safety certificates, maintenance sheets, benchmark sheets etc. Never had a problem with CORGI or GSR number being 'stolen' from side of van.

As GQuigley67 very wisely said, you keep your ID number quiet.

your registration number is mostly so your business can be identified as a registered GS company

is my idea number what i sign into the gas safe website with? Or is it the 7 digit number on the front of my card

your license number is your unique number which means they know its you the individual who has filled out the paperwork, the registration number is just your business registration number

everyone has their registration number on display even the big boys

I'm sure I read somewhere that your GSR number must be displayed on all of your printed materials that contain the GS logo.

That's what I thought too.

Also, your vehicle registration number is in big letters and numbers on the front and rear bumpers ...

is my idea number what i sign into the gas safe website with? Or is it the 7 digit number on the front of my card

Embossed 7 digit number to bottom right of mugshot is individual number, also printed at top.

Firms with several employees may have same reg number, but individual licence numbers.

its good to display your number, give your customer the information thay require to check your registered.

It also tells idiots that you have some expensive tools on the van.

I remember that was the rules when Corgi was around and I was printing stationery for customers when I had my printing firm and it has carried on to GSR. There are all sorts of rules that you must adhere to when displaying business details on business stationery, especially if you have a Limited Company.

as theres only me i use my reg number for everything by the time id learnt the number on the card it would be next year and id have to learn a new one

That used to be the case but Gas Safe Register now recommend that you use the number but it's not compulsory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vehicle Gas Safety Signs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock