Search the forum,

Discuss Van Racking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
I have just bought my first van. A citroen dispatch which is perfect.

However I have no racking for it. Can anyone recommend a good place to get racking or is it best just to build it for yourself.

Many thanks

Paul

I have a Berlingo and made my own ply racking that way you can customise it to your own requirements and works out a lot cheaper than bought.

Do it yourself. It's not difficult, and as mentioned you can customise it to suit your toolboxes and storage containers.

Try gumtree , it's were mine came from, by the time I made it fit there wasn't much left of the original racking lol

Got mine from local scrapyard, they get all sorts of new and old stuff in just happened that while I went in for a Transit Bulkhead it was fully fitted with racking. Asked how much and told I could take it for free, job done !!

Thanks for all your replies, very helpful. I will go to the scrapyard and see if I can find anything so thanks Goz666. Will also look online at ebay and Gumtree

I was in this dilemma many, many years ago.

I thought I would build my own....

Loaded up the van....headed off to work... 3rd speed hump.......CRASH.CRASH. CRASH.

The whole lot collapsed and the back of the van looked like a bomb had gone off.

Hi
I have just bought my first van. A citroen dispatch which is perfect.

However I have no racking for it. Can anyone recommend a good place to get racking or is it best just to build it for yourself.

Many thanks

Paul

just get good van locks , as they are very poor designed ,

i should no , I've been broke into 7 times

If your on a budget and its not a pristine new van, I would build my own ply racking as I have done a couple times, as you can suit it for yourself.

If it's a brand new van then use ready made Sortimo and Clearboxes. They are more expensive but much better to work from imo.

By the time youve messed with buying wood and made and cut enough racking you could have bought some cheap second hand stuff.

I thought of that and was going to be too expensive and time consuming.

You have a bread and butter van - loads out there.

But each to thier own :thumbup:

By the time youve messed with buying wood and made and cut enough racking you could have bought some cheap second hand stuff.

I thought of that and was going to be too expensive and time consuming.

You have a bread and butter van - loads out there.

But each to thier own :thumbup:

The only problem I found with ready made stuff is that as it is not necessarily made for that van it may sit too far out so you lose quite abit of space, my Berlingo I had at the last company came with 2 racks down either side but behind them you had 150mm wasted space and I between them you only had 600mm so it made a small van tiny.

If you make them yourself you can reduce the waste and make them to fit your tool boxes/storage etc, and I quite enjoyed making my racking. I did do it on a really nice day out in the sunshine with a beer on the go though lol

I'm halfway through re-doing mine at the minute. I only do emergency work so the van has to be super organised or I end up stressed out by it! I bought a load of shelving out of a sky van off ebay and I've used that as well as a load of MDF shelving and it's looking good up to now. I'm finishing it today and back on call tonight, so fingers crossed!

Just as a side note, does anyone else struggle with condensation in their van? It's bad in mine and I carry tons of fittings and brassware that I'm sick of becoming tarnished through being damp!

I think if you go ready made like Sortimo it's better to buy new and get exactly what you want to maximise the space. If it's a new van or your going to keep for a long while, this way is expensive but worth it imo.

I'm halfway through re-doing mine at the minute. I only do emergency work so the van has to be super organised or I end up stressed out by it! I bought a load of shelving out of a sky van off ebay and I've used that as well as a load of MDF shelving and it's looking good up to now. I'm finishing it today and back on call tonight, so fingers crossed!

Just as a side note, does anyone else struggle with condensation in their van? It's bad in mine and I carry tons of fittings and brassware that I'm sick of becoming tarnished through being damp!

Buy that roll on carpet stuff & spray glue it to the ceiling... I think ebay sell some some sticky back stuff... Those trafics & vivaro s seem to suffer as its metal roof, my vw has an inner ply lining & it's never been an issue.

There's a place in Milton Keynes that do it for you or post kit , £120 ,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Van Racking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock