Search the forum,

Discuss Van internal racking? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Deleted member 32524

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
HI. Thanks for looking. Want may van space to be more useful. Got a transit custom swb. Was thinking fake floor for sheets pipe and racking up side or just up drivers side with no floor. Just wondered how others set theirs up? Pros and cons of whatever set up.

HI. Thanks for looking. Want may van space to be more useful. Got a transit custom swb. Was thinking fake floor for sheets pipe and racking up side or just up drivers side with no floor. Just wondered how others set theirs up? Pros and cons of whatever set up.

I’ve stuck with smaller vans and racked out inside the sliding door. I’ve also added section behind that pulls out. I’ve used steel Bott racking for 2 reasons. Using wood takes up an awful lot of your payload weight if your not careful and there are some scary crash tests to see on YouTube etc of DIY wooden stuff.

I’ve used Rhino tubes for pipes etc, roof rack whistles which is a bit annoying. I dont carry sheets often enough to have a false floor.

Yeah, weight was a consideration when thinking wood. Lightweight metal brackets that bolt to floor and panel sound good. Do bathroom jobs too, so need to consider them. I have a rhino roof rack and it too makes a noise when moving. Just not keen on carrying sheets on it. Also don't like leaving tube outside van. Have a handy panel on bulkhead thar allows 3m pipe in under passage seats. Usually buy a MWB Semi high top transit, handles the lot. On this occasion, just could not get one at my budget and pedantic ways, so settled on the pretty versatile swb custom. Carried everything, so far.

Yeah, weight was a consideration when thinking wood. Lightweight metal brackets that bolt to floor and panel sound good. Do bathroom jobs too, so need to consider them. I have a rhino roof rack and it too makes a noise when moving. Just not keen on carrying sheets on it. Also don't like leaving tube outside van. Have a handy panel on bulkhead thar allows 3m pipe in under passage seats. Usually buy a MWB Semi high top transit, handles the lot. On this occasion, just could not get one at my budget and pedantic ways, so settled on the pretty versatile swb custom. Carried everything, so far.

I just decided it made more sense to get gear delivered. Few merchants locally offer it for free. Some online ones do an hours deliver slot. I can most of the stuff I use. Fair point on Rhino tube but touch wood no problem so far.

I really like the look of the sortimo racking I saw one in a demo van at a vw dealership last week. Expensive though I’m on the lookout for a second hand one

Fair point about squeaks, if it’s fitted well it tends not to be too bad.

I take my family in van at times and do quite a lot of miles. Videos like this put me off wooden stuff.

That's all very well and good but there is no bulk head in that van unless I'm missing something.

@Murdoch yeah, looks very professional when you turn up with a well organised van. Not cheap as you say but makes me more productive not to have to hunt for stuff.

I’ve got a transporter kombi, so space at the rear is at a premium.

I thought about the sortimo system for a few months, yet as soon as I had it fitted every day was better. All my tools and boxes have their places, so leaving kit behind is a thing of the past.

Hunting under piles of kit is in the past ..

Hi guys. I am also looking for a van racking that would give me an overview of the work materials in my van. I really need an organization system that will generate a structure in my transporter. Did someone try a SR5 shelving system from Sortimo? Its not cheap at all, but I have seen a lot of positives reviews. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Reply to Van internal racking? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Looking to see if anyone can give some advice please. My Baxi boiler has been losing pressure and I am having to top it up approx. every 4 hours from 0-1.5 bar each time. This has been going on a week now. I have also started to notice small drips running down my condensate pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, advice needed here... I am a 51 yr old leak detection engineer/plumber 2 years into self employment which i am loving. To get going I bought a 61 plate transit which has been great but is now off the road for a few weeks at least - which now that i am established and making decent...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just wanted some confirmation regarding a PRV fitted to the mains supply in my building. All 6 flats in the building are now connected to the mains water feed supply and the water tanks in the attic have been disconnected (each flat has a combi gas boiler). I can see there are 2...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I'm currently working on a job for a customer. their radiators are not all heating up. in total there is 12 radiators. 4 of these are on 15mm pipework, the rest are on 10mm. its powered by a Grundfos ups3 pump. the boiler is an 18kw heat only boiler. There are two radiators mainly...
Replies
Views
Good morning all, just a quick one here and i was wondering if someone could give a little advice on their own experience. I don't usually do a lot of installs or a tremendous amount of gas work but obviously when I do undertake these things then I try my best to keep within the appropriate...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock