Search the forum,

Discuss Valor Turbochim Side Flue 517SF Wont Start Fan in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All
I have a Turbochim side flue fire, installed Dec 2000 and has worked well for 20 years.
It would not turn On the other day.
Normally you press and hold On button and the fan starts.
Now when you press the ON button you here a click and the fan fails to start.
The fan has been tested ( Hereford Rewinds ) and has continuity and the windings are ok, but the bearing might require replacing as the fan does not spin as freely as the guy would expect??
Any ideas on what would cause this failure please.
I can not find any replacement powered side flue fires to replace this model and unfortunately where the fire is situated there is no other option - hence why it was installed in the construction in the Sun Room.
Any advice would be gratefully recieved.
Brian

I can't believe December 2000 is 21 years ago.

Have you got the fan fixed?

Reply to Valor Turbochim Side Flue 517SF Wont Start Fan in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock