Search the forum,

Discuss Valliant wireless problem (VRT 392f) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kingstepper

Hi,

I've got new Vaillant ecoTEC plus 831 combination boiler with Vaillant VRT 392f wireless control. I can't program this. All settings have dashes instead of possible values. Even in default display no Auto/Manual/Off is displayed only dashes. Turning LH control does nothing.:confused:

Have I 'messed up' controller - can I somehow reset it or do I need to get someone in?

Thanks in advance.

Note
When the dial is turned the values to be
displayed must first be called up by the radio
receiver unit. Until these values are obtained
only dashes instead of values will be displayed
(--). This generally takes up to two seconds.
Depending on the ambient conditions, it may
take up to 15 minutes until the current data are
called up by the radio receiver unit and are
subsequently displayed.
If dashes (--) are displayed continuously,​
consult your expert technician.

Taken from valliant site.

I did see that but hoped someone here had another suggestion. Looks like I'll have to call my installer. They did suggest these were complicated & not siutable for everyone but I'm pretty 'tech-savy' and don't think I've caused this problem!

Thanks

Ive fitted 3 360 vrts I took one out and replaced it with somthing much more simple for the elderly couple, theyd press the dial twice etc and then bring up another sub menu, then mess that up, id been round 5 times, every time having to set up the time etc again, the other 2 have been fitted for techno geeks who work in the it industry, they love them.

We've just got one of these controllers. It was working OK until the weekend when a message read 'No RF link' and the heating was on permanently (and has been ever since). We changed the batteries and now it's in German and the temperatures can't be entered using the right hand dial as before and the '_ _' are permanent. Seems to be the same problem encountered by Kingstepper. So was very interested to read this thread and wondered how do we 'factory reset' and if the unit is now working properly how did you do it? Thanks

My sympathy, fitted one last week for the 1st time, won't be in a hurry to fit another. Reckon i could apply for a job with Nasa now.

We've just got one of these controllers. It was working OK until the weekend when a message read 'No RF link' and the heating was on permanently (and has been ever since). We changed the batteries and now it's in German and the temperatures can't be entered using the right hand dial as before and the '_ _' are permanent. Seems to be the same problem encountered by Kingstepper. So was very interested to read this thread and wondered how do we 'factory reset' and if the unit is now working properly how did you do it? Thanks
To do a 'factory' reset, hold down both knobs. Best to select bottom option (resets everything). From memory will come back up in German and on first screen select language, then go through other options. Make sure cylinder set to (something like) inactive (unless you have one).
I have had to do this a few times over the past year - being generous I put this down to poor reception (Wi-Fi inteference?). Probably good idea to turn off boiler (mains switch - not just on panel) for ~minute so all settings are reset. Press button on transmitter (on the boiler) to ensure connection established.
Not sure whether all these steps are necassary but always do all these anyway.
If you have a problem with resetting controller post again and I can try it on mine - good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Much prefer the older model, which i insist on fitting. Buy them off ebay for a decent price. Them new model stats are a nightmare to set up and even worse to try and explain to the customer.

Hi

Thanks for all your suggestions. Resetting controller and turning off boiler worked ... for about a week. The same problem has been happeing intermittently since I last posted. Can only assume problem with reception. Thanks to all anyway.

How far away is the receiver from the boiler?

It's on the window sill next to the boiler which is housed in a larder kitchen unit.

It started off about 12' away and has been in the room next door but ended up next to it because that was where it seemed to work best, or at least didn't play up too often.

Have wondered if the larder unit is the problem. Regards

How can I check that a 392f is connected to the RIGHT turboTEC? The settings appearing in the controller seem not to be respected (start and end hours)? Particularly annoying, heating doesn't work at all. All help appreciated.

How can I check that a 392f is connected to the RIGHT turboTEC? The settings appearing in the controller seem not to be respected (start and end hours)? Particularly annoying, heating doesn't work at all. All help appreciated.

Please register and repost your own question without raking up a 6 year old thread. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Valliant wireless problem (VRT 392f) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock