Search the forum,

Discuss Valliant Unvented 300l- Water constantly running through pipes in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I have an unvented pressurized plumbing system (Valliant 300 l). It seems as though the water is constantly running excessively through the pipes from the water tank. It's not coming from the tundish side, i think its coming from the pressurised tank. What can be the cause? How can i verify this? Any recommendations? Thank you

Post some pictures please we need to see where the water is coming from ??? Kop
Thanks for your response. There is no visible leakage. There seems to be a constant flow of water from the small pressure tank in the top corner of the pics. This is running through pipes and to the outside drain even when the taps are not on.
[automerge]1587326413[/automerge]
Your description is very vague to be honest. Could you elaborate more or share some pictures as mentioned above?
Ive posted some pictures above in response to King of pipes- thanks for your response!

Attachments

• IMG_4638.jpg
    IMG_4638.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_4637.jpg
    IMG_4637.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_4636.jpg
    IMG_4636.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 21
The small tank you refer to is the potable water expansion vessel. By the looks of it the expansion relief valve does not terminate into D1 of the tundish, this is plumbed in wrong. I take it the drain point outside you mention is the termination from tundish? There are a number of reasons the expansion relief valve could be letting by but as this requires a G3 certification i can't legally explain to you these possibilities. This requires someone with the G3 qualification and to be honest is basic stuff

Although you have posted some pictures it's still not clear where you are loosing water ? does the pressure relief valve the low down red capped fitting terminate to a drain ? If so you will require a service call from a G3 engineer . Kop

The small tank you refer to is the potable water expansion vessel. By the looks of it the expansion relief valve does not terminate into D1 of the tundish, this is plumbed in wrong. I take it the drain point outside you mention is the termination from tundish? There are a number of reasons the expansion relief valve could be letting by but as this requires a G3 certification i can't legally explain to you these possibilities. This requires someone with the G3 qualification and to be honest is basic stuff
Thank you for your help- i'll get this looked into.
[automerge]1588020188[/automerge]
Although you have posted some pictures it's still not clear where you are loosing water ? does the pressure relief valve the low down red capped fitting terminate to a drain ? If so you will require a service call from a G3 engineer . Kop
Thanks for your response, appreciate the assistance.

Reply to Valliant Unvented 300l- Water constantly running through pipes in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I recently did some pipe insulating in my loft. The only two I didn't do were the vent pipes. Not sure if that is the right term for them? They are the pipes that feed water back into the top of the tanks when there is excess, presumably from steam, expansion, etc. The one going to the cold...
Replies
Views
Good evening, I'd like your opinion on something that is worrying me please: my landlady's plumber replaced the bottom/night element of my 20-year-old unvented cylinder (an Ariston Classico HE STD 150) 5 days ago and I hadn't noticed that it was leaking. He fixed the leak today but now the...
Replies
Views
I have a ROS small faucet for drinking water. The main faucet in the kitchen works find. I recently replaced the main faucet but after reconnecting everything, the overflow on the ROS drinking water faucet will not stop running. The only thing connected to the ROS that I manipulated was an...
Replies
Views
Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated house (4 bathrooms is tragic). Current set up is: A hot/cold mixer in the main ensuite which is ok as long as you don't run anything else. One electric...
Replies
Views
D
I have a hot water slab leak which is found behind my bathroom vanity. We heard the noise for a week but never saw any water. Just today we saw water starting to come up under the vanity. I found the leak, my question is is it ok to run the hot water just long enough to take a shower? Does it...
Replies
Views
drpepper68
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock