Search the forum,

Discuss Valliant ecoTec plus 831 flue leaking water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kezonline

Hello,

I've had this installation 2 years now and I think for the 4th time I've had a problem with water seeping from one of the joints on the flue outlet above where the boiler is fitted in the airing cupboard. My installer has already had the flue, (boiler end) apart, replaced seals, even 4 weeks ago replaced a portion off inner piping inside. Alas, upon using the boiler for any hot water out comes the drips again. He is at a loss as to the cause of the problem having never had the problem. Valliant have said this part of the installation is not under warranty, only the boiler section. It's the most simple part of the installation that is causing us grief. The slope has been checked by him too. He is a registered installer and has fitted many but I have the one in a million!! He is also trying his best for free since this problem occured within 5 months of installation and intermittently since.

Has anyone of you learned fitters had this problem down the line? I'm at my wits end and dare not go away (as we had done recently to come home to a sogging airing cupboard and clothes) and have lost faith completely with this setup. A container is doing a good job of catching the water drips for now.

Any help and advice by looking at the enclosed pics and situ would be most appreciated,

Kezoline

Attachments

• Valliant Ecotec 831 1.jpg
    Valliant Ecotec 831 1.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 31
  • Valliant Ecotec 831 2.jpg
    Valliant Ecotec 831 2.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 29
  • Valliant Ecotec 831 3.jpg
    Valliant Ecotec 831 3.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 34
  • Valliant Ecotec 831 4.jpg
    Valliant Ecotec 831 4.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 28
i have had this before and the flue never had a run on it i never installed the boiler.

other thing may be wind and rain getting in depending which way the boiler is facing

And that's as much info as we are going to give you as a non gsr.

Please persuade your gsr to join up and we'll advise him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Valliant ecoTec plus 831 flue leaking water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock