Search the forum,

Discuss Valliant ecotec plus 415 hot water problem in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Basically, i have a hot water tank up in the loft when its summer the tank gets hot, and i have hot water from the taps. However during colder months i try and turn the water temp on the boiler to the max, i heat it up for 2 hours and it does nothing. However when the heating knob is turned up higher the water gets warmer. Obviously i dont want the heating turned up higher so that the water can heat up. Ive read on a separate forum that valliant made these boilers with both tap and radiator symbols for combi boilers as well. Any suggestions?

Cheers.

Are you also heating the house at the same time eg rads on ?

It sounds like you have a motorised valve issue. Do you know if you have a y-plan or s-plan?
I'm not too sure that's the set up near the water tank?
It sounds like you have a motorised valve issue. Do you know if you have a y-plan or s-plan?
IMG_20221026_175156.jpg

You have a y plan get the motorised valve checked these often fail I changed one only yesterday, you can sometimes get away with just changing the head but that where to start 👍😉
Just one more question, if i do turn the heating knob to 60-65c, and when the house temp drops below the set temperature of the thermostate would it hinder the future reliablility and perfomance of the boiler, if the boiler keeps firing at maximum output every time the temp drops or would it adjust to the appropriate amount of output for the set temp. Becuase i set the thermostate to 19c max.

Thank you.

@king of pipes is right here I think.
If you had Vaillant controls then the two knobs would work. It sounds like you don't so the only one doing anything is the one with the radiator symbol.

My advice is to set it to 65 C in your case and leave it at that. You need it to get the cylinder up to 60C.

If you are worried about fuel costs, look into the Vaillant Sensocomfort control range but ask a heating engineer who is conversant with Vaillant to tell you what it would cost to install those controls. If you can and want to use them they will allow you to use weather compensation (either via internet or outside temp sensor) to control heating and you will be able to control the cylinder temp separately. The heating side works off a heat curve which can be adaptive (internet) or set (outside sensor) to suit your system. That will only allow the radiators to heat to a point which matches the heat loss from the property. Instead of you turning knobs up and down, it will adjust itself. You can also set in an outside temperature cut off to prevent the heating coming on at all when it's mild weather.

It will need someone to look at the heating system to assess it though, don't just go and buy one!

For a average family home 65° C is a adequate temperature to set your boiler, running at a lower setting you use less gas don't run it on maximum there's really no need, your room thermostat will switch the heating on and off as necessary set at 19 ° C . Kop

To confirm.
The hot water dial on boiler does nothing.
Heating temp should prob be above 60 for your setup.
Boiler will control and look after itself.
(Over 65 deg you'll loose some efficiency but it wont cause any problems)

Reply to Valliant ecotec plus 415 hot water problem in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock