Search the forum,

Discuss Valliant Eco tec combi HE - heating issue in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

plumb_know

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi everyone,

I have an issue with Valliant eco tec combi, tenant complaining heating is coming on sometimes when programable wired room stats (danfoss) are up to temperature. Typically when i attend it is always working fine so intermittent fault. I replaced both room stats for first measure but still happening, customer sent me display on boiler & egg timer was on display.

Looking online this seems to be a pump run feature and it was doing this whilst i was on site but it didn't seem to causing the heating to warm up & the boiler was not firing whilst this was displayed on site.

At the moment i am putting it down to a sticking 2 port switch on motorise valve (as 2 zone circuit) but wondering if anyone else has come across this problem with this particular boiler and could know the cause as failing the 2 port working i am thinking it could only be PCB which as far as i am aware of you can not test for faults??

Any Help much appreciated.
Thanks

happening, customer sent me display on boiler & egg timer was on display.

Looking online this seems to be a pump run feature and it was doing this whilst i was on site but it didn't seem to causing the heating to warm up & the boiler was not firing whilst this was displayed on site.

I suspect that the boiler was/is short-cycling due to low emitter demand and the egg timer is indicating that the boiler is waiting for it the anti-cycling delay time to run out before firing up.

Is this a new behaviour (probably a fault) or is it being reported by new tennants (probably a commisioning or installation issue)? A few more details about the system, the radiators, controls, etc. would help.

Is this in the right Gas forum?
well yes its only ch controls and we all know they are all intermediate tech until it all gets aligned and universal ..too many micky mouse systems trying to connect with loads of other intermediate stuff inc. smart phones etc. in a few years I might buy a decent one but not now from any outfit hive is worst
Centralheatking

Controls are Danfoss programmable hard wired room stat x 2 one for each heating zone. This is a new fault, the boiler has been installed for about 4-5 years without problem as far as i am aware.

system is standard panel radiators with TRV's.

I cant comment on the gas side but as above have you ruled out one of the zone valves keeping end switch contacted? Being an intermittent fault is a right ball ache, especially if it's fine when you're there.

well yes its only ch controls and we all know they are all intermediate tech until it all gets aligned and universal ..too many micky mouse systems trying to connect with loads of other intermediate stuff inc. smart phones etc. in a few years I might buy a decent one but not now from any outfit hive is worst
Centralheatking
I think it could be something internal to the Boiler. I didn't want to comment because it is on open forum. I have experienced this issue before. Not saying it is the same cause this time because I haven't seen it but it sounds like it might be. Worth ruling it out at least.

Reply to Valliant Eco tec combi HE - heating issue in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My first thought when I heard this fault a combi boiler with hot water but no heating. Was a problem with the stat, controls not making the call for heat. If this is not the case. Can the divertor valve be the cause of the issue?
Replies
Views
H
Wishing everyone on tgmhis forum a very happy Christmas!! I am working on a combi boiler which has problem with heating only. Water is heating normally. Here are the symptoms 1. Signal from thermostat is not firing the boiler. It does not make any sound when heating is on from thermostat. 2...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have a Vaillant eco boiler at a new house I moved into last week. It’s a combo boiler and the last boiler I had was old (and much easier to use!) This one keeps turning itself off. The hot water seems to work and is always warm. The heating also works but for random amounts of time...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I wanted to ask is there a function to remove air from a Baxi duo tec combi 24 HE A. If there is can some one kindly tell me the procedure. Looking online i found on newer baxi boilers that you turn the heating knob all the way back (12-oclock) anti-clockwise and then 2 quarter...
Replies
Views
Hello, recently our boiler stopped working properly, causing a lack of heat in our 14-radiator splitter in 3 storeys. having only one boiler at time it kind of working, only for one at time (and partially hot), depending on the priority in the system. We contacted Valliant for assistance...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock