From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss valiant EcoTEC radiator temp in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Thanks in advance. I have a valiant EcoTEC whilst the flow temp is set to 70 the heating flow only reaches a max of 45 when heating is demanded. (I can use chimney sweep mode to get to 70) but it means roads are never hot enough to warm house and boiler always on.

does this seem right?? Any ideas

Stu-B

Advent Win
Sounds like a blockage, You’ll need a registered Registered Gas Engineer to take a look inside.

Last Plumber

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Advent Win
It could be a number of things to be honest. It does sound like you need someone to look at it for you.
What controls do you have for it?

Thanks in advance. I have a valiant EcoTEC whilst the flow temp is set to 70 the heating flow only reaches a max of 45 when heating is demanded.
I had exactly the same problem. The engineer found that the heat exchanger was blocked so very little heat was passing over the waterways.

Thanks all, controls are just a Honeywell wall stat and timer. What confuses me is that it does heat up on the “chimney sweep” mode.
Looking on line suggestions that the D0 setting being in auto is not very good? Don’t want to mess with any setting but any opinions on that? The boiler is serviced regularly but not sure they are seeing the same “problem” as I am!

Reply to valiant EcoTEC radiator temp in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net. Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

Shower Power Booster | PlumbersForums.net Official Sponsor
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Plumbing Advice - Find Plumbers Jobs
Corgi Direct - Plumbers Forums Sponsor
Test4Less PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
uHeat Forum Sponsor - PlumbersForums.net
Wetroom Store - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Bulk Workwear - Workwear Sponsor for Plumbers Forums
Power Shower Booster - Official PlumbersForums.net Sponsor