Search the forum,

Discuss Valiant Ecotec Plus 938 A - Losing pressure (losing my mind!) in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

J

Justin01981

Good afternoon. I am hoping someone may be able to help with an issue I have on a Valiant Ecotec Plus 938 boiler. Fitted approx 4 years ago, the boiler has been suffering from the loss of pressure on the system (down to 0) at least once a day, typically when it is not in use. I have so far;

1. Had the pipework checked for leaks with ADI Leak Detection - no leaks found
2. Pressure Release Valve replaced
3. Valiant attend who advised it was the Heat Exchanger
4. They have replaced this and the AAV

As this did not work Valiant engineer has advised it is due to the gas pipework to the boiler not being large enough and it should be increased from 22mm to 28mm. This makes no sense to me as;

a) the inlet to the boiler is 15mm so the current pipe is already larger than the boiler can take (it is reduced to 15mm at the boiler for connection)
b) even if the gas inlet pipework was considered too small, how would this cause the boiler to lose its pressure on a regular basis

I have escalated it with Valiant who is due to call me back but wanted to see if anyone on here may be able to confirm if the above 'diagnosis' as to the gas pipework size has merit and what other possible causes it may be?

I would appreciate any help!

Gas main being potentially undersize (assumption A is incorrect - a 15mm inlet boiler might require a 22 or 28mm pipe run depending on the nature of the pipework connecting it to the meter) would not cause water leakage and consequent drop in fill pressure (assumption B is correct).

I'm assuming the expansion vessel has already been tested for correct operation and precharge?

As above need to isolate boiler

Reply to Valiant Ecotec Plus 938 A - Losing pressure (losing my mind!) in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock