Search the forum,

Discuss Valiant ecotec 28 not working in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I’ve got a Honeywell st9100c and it fizzled and cut out yesterday no lcd screen working so changed it today and still no power in the boiler any suggestions please

what’s happening? No power to the boiler or it’s just not turning in?

Did you have a external timer already installed as it’s sounds like you’ve connected something to mains that’s shouldn’t be eg 240v

Did you have a external timer already installed as it’s sounds like you’ve connected something to mains that’s shouldn’t be eg 240v
I already had a timer installed I’ve just swapped like for like
[automerge]1606337634[/automerge]
What year Ecotec? Photo’s?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 10
I already had a timer installed I’ve just swapped like for like
[automerge]1606337634[/automerge]

did you isolate before you swapped eg turned the fused spur off etc ?

you tried pressing the power button on the boiler ?

Have you altered any wiring or just clicked one clock off and fitted another
Click out and back in
[automerge]1606338184[/automerge]
did you isolate before you swapped eg turned the fused spur off etc ?

you tried pressing the power button on the boiler ?
I turned off took out the fuse swapped the unit and replaced the fuse switched on. The timer came on but nothing on the boiler

Depending on the age of the boiler it might be under warranty or you could get a local pro in

Either the clocks blown something in the boiler when it's gone, or you've had a power surge that's taken the clock and the boiler out at the same time.

Time to get someone in i'm afraid.

Are you able to confirm any voltage presence at the fused connection? Eg to the fcu and load to boiler?

Reply to Valiant ecotec 28 not working in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock