Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant Vsmart v Vrc700 in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

My old Vaillant wireless thermostat is absolute rubbish so its time to upgrade.
I just require a reliable wireless thermostat for a standard Ecotec + 831 combi boiler. I do not need any wireless radiator themostats etc so I assume I just need one zone.

I like the idea of having control via an app and the function to take external temperature info into the heating equation. As its a Vaillant boiler I would like to keep the modulating function. I also like the option to be able to set the time I wake up and then the system works out the best time to switch on the heating.

So its down to Vrc700f or vsmart. I think I am right in saying that the 700 is newer? The fact that it uses an external sensor seems to indicate that the internet source for the vsmart isnt as good and I guess the technology would improve quite a bit over the 2 or 3 years between release dates.

With the 700 would I be paying for functionality that's not needed but a better quality overall? Is the fact that its newer perhaps a good thing. Any good or bad reports for either would be appreciated. I notice in one thread that there are reports that the internet works better than the external sensor for external temperatures so that points back to the vsmart

They are very similar in functionality and price. With the external sensor it must be on a North facing wall. If it is placed NE or NW you need to ensure that it never catches the sun.

As with any weather compensation system, it needs to be set up properly against the heat curve that suits your requirements. If the curve is set too low, the boiler will run for a prolonged period at a flow temperature too low to achieve your required room temperature.

My old Vaillant wireless thermostat is absolute rubbish so its time to upgrade.
I just require a reliable wireless thermostat for a standard Ecotec + 831 combi boiler. I do not need any wireless radiator themostats etc so I assume I just need one zone.

I like the idea of having control via an app and the function to take external temperature info into the heating equation. As its a Vaillant boiler I would like to keep the modulating function. I also like the option to be able to set the time I wake up and then the system works out the best time to switch on the heating.

So its down to Vrc700f or vsmart. I think I am right in saying that the 700 is newer? The fact that it uses an external sensor seems to indicate that the internet source for the vsmart isnt as good and I guess the technology would improve quite a bit over the 2 or 3 years between release dates.

With the 700 would I be paying for functionality that's not needed but a better quality overall? Is the fact that its newer perhaps a good thing. Any good or bad reports for either would be appreciated. I notice in one thread that there are reports that the internet works better than the external sensor for external temperatures so that points back to the vsmart

The VRC 700 is a true weather compensating device as well as having many other features. It will do the job you require it to do and do it well. However, it is capable of much more than you will use it for. Some customers find it complicated and struggle to get used to it form my experience.

The V Smart will also do the job and is pretty much designed for your requirements although it is not the same type of weather comp and probably not as quite accurate. It does look a bit naff in my opinion but some like the design. Each to his own.

If you are going to use the App more than the thing itself, you might be better going for the cheaper option.

In my opinion the physical weather stat on the north facing wall is far more accurate that the vSmart's internet data. Not sure if it's an issue for you, but the other thing to consider is that if you have multiple zones, the VRC700 is the one to go for.

In my opinion the physical weather stat on the north facing wall is far more accurate that the vSmart's internet data. Not sure if it's an issue for you, but the other thing to consider is that if you have multiple zones, the VRC700 is the one to go for.

Many thanks. There was one big reason that I ended up buying the Vsmart...I didn't realise that for the 700 to work with the phone app I would have needed to spend another £230 on the interface unit! So far the Vsmart has been good except when an rcbo tripped yesterday (not because of vsmart) and then the Vsmart room thermostat lost connection with the communications unit and that lost connection with the router (BT smarthub 2). I eventually got everything by rebooting the router. The boiler did start working without the connections but I assume it would have just kept getting hotter until the boiler internal water thermostat cut in. Maybe of interest... The boiler, router and communications iunit are all in the same rcbo but that should not really be any sort of problem

On the vsmart
If you manually increase the temp at the room thermostat, does it go back to the programmed temp at the next time slot?

Reply to Vaillant Vsmart v Vrc700 in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock