Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant Turbomax242 E - How do I re pressue as no filling loop ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BenzoniServices

Hi,

I went out to repressurise the subjected boiler to today but for the life of me I could not find the filling loop or a method of doing so- please see attached pic - any help or pointers very much appreciated. Thank you

002.jpg003.jpg

Thankyou for the doc but I am still puzzled ? - The otherside of the wall is outside and I have tried to follow the pipes the best i can and there are no signs of any filling loop.

old airing cupboard ?under a rad ? in the loft where the old f and e was removed ive seen them every wheretry geeting a picture of a standard filling loop to show the customer
also on many boilers this age there wont be a removable link itll be two stop cocks or gate valves joined in copper if so replace with new loop

if you realy cant find it and cu8ster doesnt want to pay for a new one fill it from a hose into the top of a rad

No cant find it anywhere - I might be able to fit one buts its for a tenanted house and the landlord is out of the country (typical) - I will look into filling it from top of a rad - DOC ?

Thank you for your comments and suggestions

Must be one somewere , it can't have been in all these years and not top'd up, under sink / behind bath pannel, under floor below boiler ?

Thats what I would of thought as well - I will see if I can go back tomorrow and have another look.

Don't you need a key to top this up? I know on some of them you do. But you can just use a flat head

Funny how most custards think it's our job to know where the filling loop is! It isn't!!! It's their bleedn' house :banghead: lol

I went back this evening as it was constantly on my mind - Bingo, I found it ! - In the corner of the kitchen in a small cupboard - no where near anything else !!! - Well we live and learn - Many thanks to SteveThePlumber - Certainly needed my Sherlock Holmes hat on for this job.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went back this evening as it was constantly on my mind - Bingo, I found it ! - In the corner of the kitchen in a small cupboard - no where near anything else !!! - Well we live and learn - Many thanks to SteveThePlumber - Certainly needed my Sherlock Holmes hat on for this job.

Maybe worth writing it's location in MI, or putting it on a sticker on boiler. Be useful for when you go next year and you can't remember where it is because you've had so many jobs ;)

I've written the location of the filling loop down on the inside of the boiler case in permanent marker before now when they've been tricky to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vaillant Turbomax242 E - How do I re pressue as no filling loop ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock