Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant turbomax Luke warm on Dhw in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

proelitegas

Hi got a call from customer only getting Luke warm water on
Dhw. Any ideas I'm suspecting temp thermistor or maybe plate heat
X Changer? Customer not sure of what fault codes are displyed. Also complaining of pressure rising when hot tap turned on g pressure gauge on boiler goes up

If pressure is rising when hot water turned on then you have a pinhole in the dhw heat exchanger. Mains water tracking back into the ch circuit when dv moves into dhw position. Lukewarm dhw is usually either plate heat exchanger or DV, in this case it sounds like a new heat exchanger.

With turbomax, the only problems, I have had is diverter or plate.
Turn on hot water and see if boiler is modulating, ( on off), check to see if water is being dumped into heating cucuit, if not see if hot water is being passed into plate from primary circuit, if it's not it's plate, if primary circuit is Luke warm and boiler is on and more off, it's ntc or thermostat. Jon.

:iagree: as above ... check out the expansion vessel also regardrs the system pressure rising :)

Had a similar fault with the ecomax,only getting luke warm water as the burner stayed on low flame. Ended up tracing fault to a broken wire on the dhw flow switch. Obviously if the boiler is over pressurising could be dhw heat exchanger.Good luck.

Thanks having a look at it Tom will you all soon as ive sorted it

i would be careful of what the custard says,for example we know the pressure will increase with the boiler running but of course not to 3 bar,i had one this week who had low pressure on a performa it must be broke the burner on lights on when i run the hot tap *sigh*(expression nicked from diamond gas)anyway take the resistance of your dhw thermistor and compare it to mi,s you will need to measure this with a COLD boiler,if this proves to be in spec is the ch flow pipe getting very hot in dhw mode?if so look at the divertor or plate heat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vaillant turbomax Luke warm on Dhw in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
I have a Vaillant Turbomax with an F29 fault. When there is a demand for hot water the gas ignites initially, and the water is heated. However the gas then goes out and then comes back on (not sure if this is usual to control the water temp), it does this a few times but then the boiler fails to...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi, Is anyone able to give me some advice on a potential problem with a Worcester combi we looked at today please. Customer reported hot water on bath only getting luke warm. On first inspection we found the diverter valve passing heat down the central heating flow, so we've cleaned all the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a WB Greenstar 30 Si and I am having a problem where the DHW intermittently cuts out then comes back on after a couple of mins. It happens on all taps/showers including the kitchen tap. When the problem occurs the flame light on the boiler goes on and the fault indicator light stays...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just had a Navien NCB 40kw combi installed by an approved fitter. The DHW rates of the boiler seemed promising on paper - 16.4lpm at a 35 temp rise and 22.9lpm at a 25degree rise. More than adequate for what we need. The only issue now its installed is that I'm not getting any more than...
Replies
Views
A
I have an ideal logic combi code 33 which seems to be producing large phume compared to neighbours with same boiler. I had the boiler serviced recently and engineer said all is well and boiler is burning well. He did adjust the exhaust as the pipe was falling slightly away from boiler. He said...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock