Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant TurboMax 242/1 NG Combi Repair in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a Vaillant 242/1 NG Combi boiler which has been well serviced over the many years its been in. 1992-96?

Combustion readings perfect for CO2% and ratio/ppm etc

We have a pretty decent cold mains pressure at all cold outlets, even with a few cold taps open, still a decent flow/pressure.
I didnt use the weir gauge as this wasnt an issue.
When hot tap opened at GF kitchen sink, a pretty decent flow/pressure so no issue here.
Then when we leave the hot tap on at kitchen, we have no hot water, infact no water at all, at the upstairs hot taps.

I suspect the plate heat exchanger is scaled up as never a scale inhibitor fitted.
I didnt want to change the plate heat exchanger for the customer if it doesnt improve things.

Could it be anything else?

I explained that old combis could only offer one hot outlet at once but the issue is that the hot outtlets have no water coming out at all?

If its not the plate heat exchanger, then maybe divertor valve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vaillant TurboMax 242/1 NG Combi Repair in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock