Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant TRV to Wiser TRV Adapter in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

D

Deleted member 117706

Hi

Just purchased a Wiser 2 starter kit and all is good for those newer/replacement radiators that have Drayton 4 TRV's, but most of the house has the original Vaillant TRVs and the adapters supplied don't allow for this conversion. Does anyone know where I can purchase some adapters please?

I've searched online a little and can find some (very expensive) metal adapters, although not completely clear that they would do the job as the sites I've found are translating largely German sites into English. But I would have thought that some simple plastic adapters would do the job, but not found anything at all in this respect. Any help gratefully appreciated. Cheers.

Attachments

• 2020-12-13 18.48.32.jpg
    2020-12-13 18.48.32.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 2020-12-13 18.46.52.jpg
    2020-12-13 18.46.52.jpg
    266.9 KB · Views: 9
I am awaiting their feedback but it's been some days now with no reply from them.

Your link is interesting in that it's in gbp whereas my search had this priced in Euros at about €8.75, but they wanted €16 to ship it!

To be honest if you're fitting Wiser valves to them old Vaillant TRV bodies they're going to start failing or not working properly anyway.

I'd be replacing them, when I fit new Honeywell Evohome systems I tend to replace the valves if they're of a certain age....

To be honest if you're fitting Wiser valves to them old Vaillant TRV bodies they're going to start failing or not working properly anyway.

I'd be replacing them, when I fit new Honeywell Evohome systems I tend to replace the valves if they're of a certain age.***
Why would they start failing please?

Why would they start failing please?
The valve pins become stiff, the Wiser actuators may start to struggle to close them, they might not close completely. They also start leaking from the Pins, the picture of the one you've posted looks like it already has been. Get it opening and closing more often and it certainly will be.

Ahh, I wack 'em a bit from time to time to make sure they're working. So hoping they'll last a couple more years yet before we look to move.

Reply to Vaillant TRV to Wiser TRV Adapter in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock