Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant system set-up help in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

J

James89

Hello, I’m hoping someone can help as I’m getting differing advice every time I speak to Vaillant;

We are refurbishing a property and installing a Vaillant Ecotec Plus 630 system boiler with a Megaflo cylinder.

We are creating 4-zones:
Downstairs rads
Upstairs rads
Bathroom underfloor heating
Bathroom towel rails

The plan is to use SensoComfort with SensoNet VR922 Net Gateway to have weather compensation and use via the app.

The downstairs and upstairs rads are to be individually controlled via 2x SensoComfort wired panels.

Vaillant advise that SensoComfort and electric thermostats can’t be used for the towel rail or underfloor heating zones due to being a damp/wet environment. Instead they have suggested simply using VR70 and a VR71 wiring centre to add the zones without thermostats/temperature control.

All the rads could have manual TRV’s, and the towel rails could have TRV’s.

They also advise that with this setup future upgrades to smart Ambisense TRV’s would require ALL rads on a zone to have the smart TRV’s, and they can’t be individually upgraded.

Is anyone able to help with designing this system setup in the best/most cost effective way?

Thanks in advance

I would look at Evohome (or other similar systems) for system control. In my view Ambisense is expensive and no where near the capabilities / flexibility if the competition.

If you are considering Open Therm, moving away from Vaillant control systems will be a bigger challenge

Take a look at Viessmann boilers and controls they are far more flexible, Valliant make solid reliable boilers but have a tendency to make their controls over complicated . Kop

Attachments

• zone_circuit_control.pdf
    593.2 KB · Views: 13

Reply to Vaillant system set-up help in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have an all Vaillant setup - an EcoTEC Plus 637 system boiler plus wired VR720 and VR92 SensoCOMFORT controller, driving two CH zones plus DHW. It all works, but unfortunately we have found that the room stats are poorly located, and so the level of control is not what it should be. We had...
Replies
Views
Hi, i've got a job with a Vaillant Ecotec 630 system boiler, and i don't know the full history but the house has definitely been extended significantly since the boiler was installed. There's now 21 radiators/towel rails. It's getting to temperature, but even after balancing, it's not heating...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi guys, I have a set up with rads upstairs and UFH downstairs. I have installed the manifold for the UFH along with 2x Honeywell 2port values, one near the manifold and the other on the radiator side. I will be using Nest 3rd gen thermostats to control both the upstairs radiators and...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few threads on a few different forums but I wanted to share a full write-up with all the steps needed, benefits and costs. Overall, I fully recommend...
Replies
Views
Hi All Looking at having controls replaced / upgraded for a Vaillant Ecotect plus combi boiler. Currently have x2 zone valves on the heating (x1 for rads via a Honeywell wireless stat, and x1 for UFH circuits via Heatmiser stats - both wired to a Heatmiser wiring centre) I'm interested in...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock