Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant pressure dial very high in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

hi there

just checking if there is anything else i can do before i get a plumber in to attend to my boiler. yesterday i noticed that the pressure gauge on the Vaillant boiler was off the scale, it was past the red (see pic 1). I checked around and was advised to bleed the radiators which I did last night (I bled 3 out of 5 in the flat) and this brought the pressure gauge down to pic 2, with the arrow pointing to 12 o'clock, but still quite high. Then when I had a shower and left for work this morning the gauge had gone up to the red again, pointing to about 3 o'clock.

Can anyone offer any advice on what the issue might be or what I can do before I call a plumber to come and help?

thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20190909_071654.jpg
    IMG_20190909_071654.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20190909_213306.jpg
    IMG_20190909_213306.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
You need to make sure that the filling loop is closed and then let some pressure out of the system. (From a radiator).
hi - thanks for this. there is one lever underneath the boiler (almost directly under the dial) which i can open and close to add pressure into the system when it gets a bit low, which i have done in the past. is that what you mean by the filling loop? and then would i just bleed one radiator or all of them? i'm guessing one will be ok if they're all on a loop?

Yes, that is the filling loop and yes from 1 radiator. You need to remove some water. Until about 1.3 bar. If it then rises you need a engineer to visit.
hi - thanks again. I'll check this again tonight and i'll make sure the filling loop lever is closed. But i'm fairly sure it was closed last night when i bled 3 radiators and then the needle only went down to 12 o'clock on the gauge after i bled the first one and it wouldn't go any further down after i bled the other two. so i'm thinking i might have to give the plumber a call?

Reply to Vaillant pressure dial very high in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock