Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant ecotect pro 28 boiler droning noise - video in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

recently the boiler has started the noise as in the videos. No idea where to start from. The boiler is used rarely, but for a while the top up valves where open which meant the pressure was always high when the boiler was on, this was fixed but the has started a while after the valve was turned off. The boiler has not been serviced for 2 years (new house owner and recently found out they need servicing) Any advise what this could be how much will it cost to be fixed? Thanks

link to videos of attached don’t work:Boiler noise - https://1drv.ms/f/s!AmmqVO9_YrbH7QP65zYResJaZDsB

Attachments

• IMG_0871.MOV
    12.5 MB
  • IMG_0872.MOV
    8.6 MB
Sounds like pump issue / circulation time to call a gas safe engy out

Cheers for the comments guys. Could result in the pump need replacing? Also will Vaillant cover parts replacement if the boiler is still under warranty? (Installed 2014). Thanks

Has it been serviced yearly as warranty is void if not ?

I very much doubt it but if it's been serviced every year since it had been installed and you have the bench mark completed and service records then it's worth a call I suppose, but I would prepare yourself for a paid engineers visit. Regards kop

Just an update on this. I got the boiler serviced and the engineer was surprised of how new it looks from inside. However, he didn’t detect any faults with the boiler, the only problem thought there is, was the prv (?) cause as he demounted the computer, the boiler releases water from the 15mm copper pipe that runs to outside and the fact the red cap of the valve was able to twist/loose. After he finished the boiler it still made the same noise left and he came back again another day, had a good look, called Vaillant but they were useless.

As he put the front panel on again and turned the boiler on, the noise came on, he played with panel a a bit and the noise changed or stopped in some cases. So he and I believe is the front panel causing the noises, is this possible?
Thanks

Reply to Vaillant ecotect pro 28 boiler droning noise - video in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I wonder if anyone can offer any advice/solutions... I have a boiler, a Valient EcoTec 28 pro, which was fitted a year ago. It makes a droning noise which resonates through the entire house. When it startes you hear this drone, which is loud enough to wake you if it kicks in during the...
Replies
Views
R
Hi, I have boiler Vaillant VUW SOE 242_2-3 R2 (it's TurboBlock Pro). Does somebody have service manual / maintenance PDF where can I get some additional informations? Here's my problem: I'm not sure at what bar should I pump the chaimber (pre-charge pressure at bars). When I turn on the hot...
Replies
Views
Revlyne
R
Hi everyone, I'm hoping to get some advice on an issue I'm having with my Vaillant Ecotec Pro 24 boiler (R1 PCB). It was installed in 2013 and has worked perfectly up until this week. When the boiler does start, it runs for a few seconds, makes some noises, and then shuts down again. I've...
Replies
Views
Hello The heating side of my Ariston Combi A23 has stopped working since a new 3 way valve has been installed. It's been a hugely reliable boiler up until now with regular servicing. When the heating is turned on the boiler ignites and looks to start up but then a few seconds in, knocking sounds...
Replies
Views
A
Hello all, Im wondering if you can help? Ive got a Vaillant Ecotech Pro 28 which was installed 9 years back and has worked like a dream all its life, however this Autumn I've unfortunately started to face issues with it. I've noticed that its taking 10-15 mins for the CH to kick in when...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock