Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant Ecotec Pro 28 Anti Cycling and Other Issues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

We recently moved into a refurbished property, don't know how old the boiler is but recently all the radiators were replaced. There is a new remote room thermostat added as well.

First problem is when the thermostat says it's not calling for heat, the boiler is constantly firing up and the radiators get warm, but not piping hot. It is not in comfort mode, I have checked. But the anti cycling symbol is showing. Only way to stop this is to turn on summer mode by putting radiator temp to zero.

Secondly the towel radiator doesn't get warm, but the pipe to it is warm. The valve was jammed when we moved in, although it is apparently new. I have released this and there was a wooshing sound, but still not flowing through. I have bled all the radiators and there was air in some of them, but not the towel radiator.

Also I've attached a picture, can someone tell me what the button on the front is. It is always showing red, but if I press it then it flashes amber.

I have read on a forum about the possibility of the wireless thermostat receiver being wired into the boiler incorrectly. Could this cause the problem of boiler coming on all the time even though it's supposed to be off, or the anti cycling mode always coming on?

Thanks in advance for any help.

InkedIMG_9628_LI.jpg

Some thermostats have an air-conditioning mode, which inverts the normal 'heating' mode of operation. Make sure that this has not been unintentionally selected. Which model of thermostat do you have.

A wiring error is also possible but if that were the case the heating will never have worked correctly, which seems unlikely to me.

I'd wait until the thermostat/short-cycling issue is fixed before worrying about the towel rail. If there is a real problem here it may be that the towel rail needs bleeding but the bleed hole is blocked.

Central heating systems with TRVs on the radiators don't work well at this time of year. They short-cycle because the emitter system doesn't dissipate heat fast enough. For testing purposes, you need to go around and set all the TRVs to 'MAX' to work around this.

Some thermostats have an air-conditioning mode, which inverts the normal 'heating' mode of operation. Make sure that this has not been unintentionally selected. Which model of thermostat do you have.

A wiring error is also possible but if that were the case the heating will never have worked correctly, which seems unlikely to me.

I'd wait until the thermostat/short-cycling issue is fixed before worrying about the towel rail. If there is a real problem here it may be that the towel rail needs bleeding but the bleed hole is blocked.

Central heating systems with TRVs on the radiators don't work well at this time of year. They short-cycle because the emitter system doesn't dissipate heat fast enough. For testing purposes, you need to go around and set all the TRVs to 'MAX' to work around this.
Hi

We are the first people to live in the house since it has been refurbished so it may not have been tested properly. Someone else has pointed out to me that the part with the button on I was referring to is a vaillant receiver. But there is also an instinct instrt520rf thermostat installed. I’m wondering if the fact the old vaillant receiver hasn’t been removed is causing some issues.

Re the towel radiator, i have bled it and water comes out, so strange that the hot water isn’t getting through.
Looks like you have a vaillant wireless thermostat?

Well I now know that what you are referring to is the vaillant receiver. As above, the vaillant thermostat isn’t present but there is a new thermostat and receiver wired in.

Attachments

• 8BA13144-40BD-4E0E-86C6-9ABBD7C51E23.jpeg
    8BA13144-40BD-4E0E-86C6-9ABBD7C51E23.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 11
  • 2EDEBC7A-C4FE-42CB-BA59-BE378E5A024A.jpeg
    2EDEBC7A-C4FE-42CB-BA59-BE378E5A024A.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
  • 1A556156-27E7-4A61-9C99-D17C9C5489F9.jpeg
    1A556156-27E7-4A61-9C99-D17C9C5489F9.jpeg
    993.4 KB · Views: 11
Coincidentally we had a massive leak from one of the pipes under the floor yesterday (luckily to ground). The plumber that did the original install came to sort it. (well it was his workers but he came to sort it). An incorrectly push fit had popped off and water was flowing through the boiler and straight out to ground!! He had to remove kitchen cupboards, cut a hole in the floor and climb down through the smallest of holes and repair the pipe. Whilst he was there he rewired the thermostat. It was wrong in the receiver and the boiler! Now working and with the heating coming on this morning, it has cleared the blockage in the towel radiator and this is working too. So all sorted now! Luckily no damage apart from the hole in the floor, but this is underneath kitchen cupboards so you wouldn't know.

Reply to Vaillant Ecotec Pro 28 Anti Cycling and Other Issues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock