Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant Ecotec pro 24 low pressure/filling loop problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

ollos

Hi folks,

I wonder if you can help...I had the above combi-boiler installed 2 and a half weeks ago, all working well until this morning there's an F22 error and the pressure is showing at 0.4bar

Apparently I need to fill the system via the filling loop (is this right?) - I've got two black taps and a length of flexi hose attached below the boiler. However I've turned both of them and nothing happens - no sound of water flowing through or anything at all.

The installer's office is shut on Saturday so I thought I'd get a heads up and see if I could work out what's wrong.

Any advice is greatly appreciated
Ol

DSC_0004.jpg
DSC_0006.jpg

Hope these are of some use :)

Unless the check valves fitted the wrong way you should be able to fill it up :)

Just turn the black handles on the silver braided hose and close them once you get to roughly 1bar.

Also you need to get those pipes insulated because the electrical cable runs too close the pipework :)

I've turned the black handles - both counter-clockwise a quarter turn which I presume is 'open' but nothing happens :( No sound of water, no pressure increase... Is there possibly another valve somewhere??

Water is definitely on - washing machine and taps etc...
Any thoughts?

Will look into some pipe insulation too :)

Cheers!

Disconnect the braided hose, get a bucket, and open the valve on the left for a second or two.

Disconnected the hose at left end - turning the left tap on does nothing (no water) Turning right tap on produces stream of water through the hose (presume this is from the boiler?)

Not sure I could tell you - I left him to it upstairs. When he'd finished it was all in working order, pressure was fine .. He must have done it somehow I guess...

Take the black handles off and open it with a spanner/screw driver make sure the handle is not just spinning

Magic!! That was it - took the handles off and the valve was very stiff - soon as I put some force into it the water started going. The handle was just turning on its own. Water flowing again, pressure back up to 1.0, and heat and hot water back on again.

Thanks a lot :)

Glad you're sorted Ollie, thanks for letting us know how you got on.

Take the black handles off and open it with a spanner/screw driver make sure the handle is not just spinning
- Thank you scott_d it was the black handles, just needed a tighten so they could turn the internal workings !

I would still get your installer back unless you want to be refilling the system every 2 weeks for the next 10 years. Protip; that isn't good for your new boiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vaillant Ecotec pro 24 low pressure/filling loop problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock