Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant EcoTec Plus boiler whines until hot water is turned on and then stops in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

So for a while, our boiler a Vaillant EcoTec Plus has made a whining noise, usually in the morning when it first comes on but can happen any time of the day (when on). The first time it happened I turned on a hot tap and it stopped. I have been doing this ever since, but actually, it is annoying and happens more frequently than I can ignore.

No error codes, alarms, loss of heating, hot water, and in fact was serviced shortly after it started happening, but I forgot to mention to the plumber at the time because it had only happened once or twice so I thought it was a glitch. Doh!

Any suggestions on a fix? Or is it a plumber job. I have insurance but if I can save the £60 excess, time and hassle then great.

Thanks in advance.

Nope I know what the fault will likely be but nothing you can fix yourself unfortunately. It's an internal boiler part on these thats responsible for this noise.

Will need to make the claim on your insurance and pay the excess for this one.

So for a while, our boiler a Vaillant EcoTec Plus has made a whining noise, usually in the morning when it first comes on but can happen any time of the day (when on). The first time it happened I turned on a hot tap and it stopped. I have been doing this ever since, but actually, it is annoying and happens more frequently than I can ignore.

No error codes, alarms, loss of heating, hot water, and in fact was serviced shortly after it started happening, but I forgot to mention to the plumber at the time because it had only happened once or twice so I thought it was a glitch. Doh!

Any suggestions on a fix? Or is it a plumber job. I have insurance but if I can save the £60 excess, time and hassle then great.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Matthew,

How old is the boiler? If it’s in warranty it might be something you can contact Vaillant about.

Thanks,

Thanks in advance.
*** naughty naughty internal boiler part mentioned *** probably due to lack of servicing and or inhibitor. They're almost impossible to clean. Try putting some sentinel X800 or fernox F5 powerflush in the system.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Vaillant EcoTec Plus boiler whines until hot water is turned on and then stops in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock