• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today!

Discuss Vaillant EcoTec Plus boiler whines until hot water is turned on and then stops in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Matthew Wilkinson

Reaction score
So for a while, our boiler a Vaillant EcoTec Plus has made a whining noise, usually in the morning when it first comes on but can happen any time of the day (when on). The first time it happened I turned on a hot tap and it stopped. I have been doing this ever since, but actually, it is annoying and happens more frequently than I can ignore.

No error codes, alarms, loss of heating, hot water, and in fact was serviced shortly after it started happening, but I forgot to mention to the plumber at the time because it had only happened once or twice so I thought it was a glitch. Doh!

Any suggestions on a fix? Or is it a plumber job. I have insurance but if I can save the £60 excess, time and hassle then great.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Nope I know what the fault will likely be but nothing you can fix yourself unfortunately. It's an internal boiler part on these thats responsible for this noise.

Will need to make the claim on your insurance and pay the excess for this one.

CBW1982

Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
So for a while, our boiler a Vaillant EcoTec Plus has made a whining noise, usually in the morning when it first comes on but can happen any time of the day (when on). The first time it happened I turned on a hot tap and it stopped. I have been doing this ever since, but actually, it is annoying and happens more frequently than I can ignore.

No error codes, alarms, loss of heating, hot water, and in fact was serviced shortly after it started happening, but I forgot to mention to the plumber at the time because it had only happened once or twice so I thought it was a glitch. Doh!

Any suggestions on a fix? Or is it a plumber job. I have insurance but if I can save the £60 excess, time and hassle then great.

Thanks in advance.
Hi Matthew,

How old is the boiler? If it’s in warranty it might be something you can contact Vaillant about.

Thanks,

Ranjeev

Reaction score

Thanks in advance.
*** naughty naughty internal boiler part mentioned *** probably due to lack of servicing and or inhibitor. They're almost impossible to clean. Try putting some sentinel X800 or fernox F5 powerflush in the system.

Last edited by a moderator:

Riley

S. Mod
Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
Ranjeev read the forum rules mate no boiler fixes to non gas safe

Forum Sponsors

Corgi - Plumbing Supplies for Professional Plumbers - Plumb Advice

Plumbase - Plumbing Parts for Plumbers - Plumbers Advice

Power Shower Booster for Power Showers - Plumbing Advice

Underflor Heating Systems by uHeat - Plumbing Advice