Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant ecoTec Plus 831 Filling Loop End Caps in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Good morning all

Vaillant ecoTec Plus 831 Filling Loop

Can anyone recommend a pair of suitable end caps for the above?

An Amazon or eBay link would be good.

Thanks

1. If its a standard filling loop, any 1/2" BSP end cap will do. E.g. Screwfix 51939. Make sure it has rubber or fibre sealing washer inside.
2. If its the Vaillant built in one with two grey plastic handles, you would need to measure the threads (diameter, thread pitch) to stand any chance, as I don't think Vaillant list anything suitable as spares.

Is it passing or do you just want to disconnect it?
Not that you would notice. But I want to disconnect it not just to eliminate the possiblity of it letting by but to stop someone messing with it. I suspect the heat exchanger. Pressure creeping up slowly when switched off.
[automerge]1606564208[/automerge]
1. If its a standard filling loop, any 1/2" BSP end cap will do. E.g. Screwfix 51939. Make sure it has rubber or fibre sealing washer inside.
2. If its the Vaillant built in one with two grey plastic handles, you would need to measure the threads (diameter, thread pitch) to stand any chance, as I don't think Vaillant list anything suitable as spares.
There is a spare loop on the market. No taps. Just doesn't give you any details about the threads. I just thought one of you guys might be familiar.

For the record. Just got a response back from Vaillant. The thread sizes on the standard filler loop flexihose of a Vaillant ecoTec Plus 831 are 1/4" and 3/8". The 3/8" goes on the water inlet side. Connects to the double check valve.

The inlet side is actually 1/2 inch not 3/8 , I have had both sides fail and added a shut of valve between the two.
Fixed for £5 and alot less hassle than changing both the valves.

Reply to Vaillant ecoTec Plus 831 Filling Loop End Caps in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock