Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant ecoTec plus 637 sensiocomfort control setup in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Vaillant ecoTec plus 637 and gledhill 250 indirect tank control options

Hi,

I am in the process of renovating an old farm house. I have been advised to have installed the Vaillant ecoTec plus 637 system boiler with a gledhill 250l indirect tank.
I met with the heating engineers yesterday as I asked to meet to discuss controls. The first fix is installed so I need to get some heat on before it gets colder.
I asked about boiler controls and explained I was looking at the Vaillant ones - I was then told I just need to get 4 basic Siemens time switches. I mentioned about wireless so I could control from my phone but I was told I can’t do anything fancy like that with this system.

I have 3 young children so with working, hobbies and school runs I’m in and out and would like controllable options.

I have 4 zones which is why I need 4 time switches I am told.
1-Hot Water
2-Underfloor heating
3-Upstairs
4-Downstairs

I have phoned Vaillant who said I can go for the sensiocomfort and then get zone thermostats.
I rang the guys back and asked about this option and they just said sounds good but they haven’t heard of it and that part would be up to the electrician and not them so I can’t get them if I want and tell an electrician to install them.

Please could someone advice me on what I need to control these 4 zones and also what parts I need to but to make it so I can control from my phone. I am not bothered about the time switch being wireless but I would like to have the control from my phone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Reply to Vaillant ecoTec plus 637 sensiocomfort control setup in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I recently had a new 2023 Vaillant ecoTec plus 630 (30kW) system boiler installed along with a Low Loss Header (LLH) in my house. I have 21 rads in the house and a room with UFH. The LLH was introduced as I was finding (before the LLH was fitted) that my old boiler (Vaillant heat-only boiler)...
Replies
Views
I am considering replacing my existing boiler with the new 2023 Vaillant ecotec plus 625 boiler. I currently have 3 x Heatmiser neoStat thermostats that are all hard wired back to the wiring centre; one for the central heating, one for a room with UFH, and one for the HW. I use the Heatmiser...
Replies
Views
We have an all Vaillant setup - an EcoTEC Plus 637 system boiler plus wired VR720 and VR92 SensoCOMFORT controller, driving two CH zones plus DHW. It all works, but unfortunately we have found that the room stats are poorly located, and so the level of control is not what it should be. We had...
Replies
Views
I have a Vaillant eco plus 837, year installed 2008. It works well. We have one large zone for the house with 13 rads running off it. We also have an UFH zone in the kitchen. Near the boiler I have 2 port valves which control this part of the system. The boiler has been loosing pressure...
Replies
Views
Hi, I was hoping to replace an old system boiler with a Vaillant Ecotec Exclusive 627 system boiler, thats the one with the diverter valve so no need for zone valves, controling it with a V-Smart and a VR10. I've spoken to Vaillant Tech and they said you cannot use the VR10 with a vented...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock