Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant Ecotec Plus 637 - help required no filling loop in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

I have an F22 fault on my boiler, we only moved in recently and had a radiator removed for some work to take place on the wall behind. I am presuming this has reduced the water pressure in the boiler which is why we are without central heating.
The help guides and videos I have watched/read show that an Ecotec plus should have valve taps underneath which you can turn to increase the water pressure. As my boiler doesn't have these I believe I need a universal filling loop.

Could someone please advise? Photo's attached for reference.

Thanks

IMG_3184.JPG

IMG_3187.JPG

IMG_3188.JPG

Could I have a pic of the Airing cupboard / where the cylinder id

What sort of hot water tank do you have ? if you have a pressurised system look in the cylinder cupboard for filling loop, Photo of hot water cylinder cupboard would help.

Thanks both for replying,
I'm at work but I will get a photo of the cylinder cupboard and look for the loop there too when home

Hi there, tank is in basement so I'm afraid photos aren't great. Also could not find a filling loop in there.
Any advice appreciated

IMG_3244.JPG

IMG_3245.JPG

IMG_3247.JPG

Is that not it in front of you ?
Braided loop with a guage ?
Can't see pipes on photo

Is it the element under the plastic wrap? From my limited research I had thought it would need to connect to the upstairs boiler directly, similar to other Ecotec boilers with the valve taps underneath.

Yep there it is should be around 1.2-1.5bar cold and around 2.5 bar when hot

Probably worth getting it checked over by a G3 (unvented) qualified plumber

Is it the element under the plastic wrap? From my limited research I had thought it would need to connect to the upstairs boiler directly, similar to other Ecotec boilers with the valve taps underneath.

Only the 637 combi that comes with built in filling loop, the system boiler doesn't

Your filling point is the silver hose connected to the pressure guage, cant make out it has a black leaver or if you need a screwdriver to use it (Hidden under plastic). Where is the water from on the floor ?? & you need to get some insulation on the pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vaillant Ecotec Plus 637 - help required no filling loop in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am looking for a heating engineer to diagnose and resolve an issue with my Vaillant EcoTec 832 combi boiler. Job Location: Copeland Rd, London. Job Description: Problem: The boiler is not providing heating under normal conditions, although hot water supply is fine. Interestingly...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, Where is the place to order a Vaillant filling loop, please? I looked around on the net but can't seem to find it as a kit. I'm not doing the job but he wants to know what to buy and replace it himself and asked me where to get one. I said I'd have a mooch. He sent this picture. I...
Replies
Views
Vaillant Ecotec Plus 832 boiler is 13 years old, 4 of which since we've been living there, started to play up in last couple of months. An engineer with very good reviews came round and says it will cost 700+VAT for 'replacement expansion vessel, pressure relief valve and diverter valve on...
Replies
Views
I recently had a new 2023 Vaillant ecoTec plus 630 (30kW) system boiler installed along with a Low Loss Header (LLH) in my house. I have 21 rads in the house and a room with UFH. The LLH was introduced as I was finding (before the LLH was fitted) that my old boiler (Vaillant heat-only boiler)...
Replies
Views
We have a three zone heating system plus water cylinder (OSO Super S 250L) on an Valliant EcoTec 637. Two CH zones and a UFH zone. Boiler is rarely at maximum power rating, even at full tilt. The UFH zone has it's own pump and the other two zones (three storey house) are just pumped from the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock