Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant Ecotec Diverter Valve Repair Cartridge in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Zippymark

Gas Engineer
I've seen some replacement cartridges for Vaillant Ecotec diverter valves, just the innards. Aftermarket stuff, not official, and I know you're supposed to use official parts and all that, but the diveter valves on Vaillants are probably the weakest part i'd say.

Has anyone used them and had much success?

As far as I'm aware the manufacturer of the cartridge supplies vaillant... So in reality a genuine part. Also easier to change than the actual valve and a fraction of the cost, so better first fix and much better price point for the customer.

Just for future reference, i ordered it, fitted it, and all went well. So that's £10 in parts v £122.82, and took half the amount of time to fit. You do feel like you're going to break it getting it in to be honest, but just make sure you've got it lined up and gently tap it, i think it the best approach, i used a box spanner to try and evenly distribute the force.

Oh and i wouldn't bother with the tool that some come with, i just lined up a meaty screwdriver on the old lugs and whacked them with a club hammer, breaking them inwards, probably easier to extract it this way rather than trying to squeeze the lugs and pull the cartridge at the same time, though i've not actually used the tool.

Reply to Vaillant Ecotec Diverter Valve Repair Cartridge in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock