Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant Ecotec 630 plus replacement in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a Vaillant Ecotec 630 Plus that was installed in 2007 that is connected to a 300 litre unvented tank. This provides our hot water and feeds 4 floors of underfloor heating.

I am looking to replace both the boiler and tank and see they still produce this boiler. I assume the newest models would have design changes making them more efficient? Is it worth sticking with the same model or is there a different vaillant model I should be looking at?

Valliants are as good as any to be honest if serviced correctly and looked after they are very reliable boilers , their cylinders are simple but do the job, but I favour ozo or Joule , Scott on the forum is a very knowledgeable installer and fits valliants his input could be of interest to you . Regards kop

Do you have any pictures of your existing setup?
The latest Ecotec plus is very similar to the 2007 version, the controls on the front are more modern. Make sure the system is throughly cleaned with a magnetic filter added and a deareator if budget allows.
You won’t see a much of an efficiency improvement by just swapping old for new unless you upgrade controls, insulate pipework etc.

Thanks so much for getting back to me.

We will be out of the country for a year or two so planned on replacing the boiler and cylinder before leaving. We’ve had a few issues over the years which according to our installer are known problems. I was just wondering if the design for this model changed significantly and if it was worth replacing with the same model or moving to a different model.

Is the Ecotec exclusive with green IQ worth considering or are other models better?

We have a 300ltr Telford cylinder that we will be replacing with a solar capable unit. I notice vaillant have them on their site but also read they were discontinued?

We run underfloor heating on all floors with each zone controlled by a heatmiser thermostat. is it worth adding weather compensation at all or should I leave things as they are?

A905338B-251D-4C5E-BEB9-0F6395B40B24.jpeg
E4A745CF-4759-4824-A5C7-08AD077E0E8E.jpeg
70CB7530-2338-400D-BD76-8AD4637D470E.jpeg

The IQ is a bit to clever for its own good and has its problems , stick with the eco- tec plus I'd say keep it simple as possible and be guided by your installer joule make a compatible hot water unvented solar cylinder . Kop

Looks in a bit of a sorry state.
The front case isn’t on properly or PCB clips are broken so it’s no longer room sealed.
The condensate pipe may need upgrading but should be a straight forward swap for another Ecotec or any other boiler

Thanks for getting back to me. Yeah I realise its a bit knackered. Would you recommend another ecotec 630 or are other Valliants worth considering.

We will be replacing the cylinder at the same time and flushing all UFH zones before installing. Currently looking at the OSO Delta twin coil solar.

I would stick with the vaillant ecotec but its usualy best to select an installer you trust and go with their recommendations.

I'd stick with the Vaillant too, but if you can hold on there's a new range of EcoTec Pluses coming out this summer.

Avoid the GreenIQ at all costs, Vaillant themselves have now finally admitted there's a problem with them.

I'd stick with the Vaillant too, but if you can hold on there's a new range of EcoTec Pluses coming out this summer.

Avoid the GreenIQ at all costs, Vaillant themselves have now finally admitted there's a problem with them.
Any idea what Vaillant are cooking up with the new models?

Thanks for getting back to me. Yeah I realise its a bit knackered. Would you recommend another ecotec 630 or are other Valliants worth considering.

We will be replacing the cylinder at the same time and flushing all UFH zones before installing. Currently looking at the OSO Delta twin coil solar.
Wont go far wrong with a Delta vey well designed and made pair nicely with a Valliant đź‘Ť kop

Attachments

• IMG_20200317_131141.jpg
    IMG_20200317_131141.jpg
    386.6 KB · Views: 6

Reply to Vaillant Ecotec 630 plus replacement in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock