• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.

From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss Vaillant ecoTec 418+ Taking Longer to Reach Desired Temp in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Have noticed over the last view days the process has slowed considerably. Normally, the boiler fires up soon after the room stat clicks in and it gets up to desired temp within a few minutes. Have noticed the boiler is much quieter when it does ignite (approx 10 mins after being switched on) and today took 40 mins to reach 65 degs. The only thing I've tried it a reset, but still the same. Any advice would be appreciated.

Last Plumber

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Have noticed over the last view days the process has slowed considerably. Normally, the boiler fires up soon after the room stat clicks in and it gets up to desired temp within a few minutes. Have noticed the boiler is much quieter when it does ignite (approx 10 mins after being switched on) and today took 40 mins to reach 65 degs. The only thing I've tried it a reset, but still the same. Any advice would be appreciated.
What is the status code on the facia display when it is running slow?

Last Plumber

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
That's normal so is it doing anything else such as heating the hot water at the same time?
Try heating only on the programmer to see how it performs on that.

That's normal so is it doing anything else such as heating the hot water at the same time?
Try heating only on the programmer to see how it performs on that.
Thanks for your reply. I ran it on 'chimney sweep' mode and it seemed much livelier. It seems on normal mode it's running on low power with a smaller flame and taking longer to heat the rads. Normally after a minute or so of coming on I can hear it clearly, now it's quiet from the word go. Only serviced a couple of weeks ago. I also checked it when heating rads only and it's the same.

Last Plumber

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
As above, if it is running s04 it thinks all's well so check the D000 to see it is in auto. Maybe the person who serviced it altered it? Is it a small house.

Think that was it. I got the person round who serviced it yesterday. He was here for 90 mins and part of that time he was speaking to someone at Vaillant, but didn't charge me. He mentioned three things, the condensate siphon, the ignition electrode and the heat exchanger. I think he checked the first two of those and then spend a log time checking the codes. Whatever he did, boiler now firing up and reaching desired temperature much quicker.

Thanks for the comments.

Reply to Vaillant ecoTec 418+ Taking Longer to Reach Desired Temp in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net