Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant EcoTec - 10mm pipework to radiators? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, just about to bite the bulklet on a new boiler and radiators, Vaillant EcoTec Plus 32kW.

Is 10mm pipework to the radiators sufficient?

Thanks

Existing system ?

Hi Shaun, the existing system is 15mm i think, but its ALL being renewed. Boiler, pipes, rads.

Then no 15mm copper would be best especially with part L of efficiency being law now where you have to design systems to be effective have they done a heat loss ?

Hi Shaun, the existing system is 15mm i think, but its ALL being renewed. Boiler, pipes, rads.
Depending on number of rads, 15mm copper (13.6mm ID) is fairly restrictive (compared to 22mm) requiring greater pump head/energy if you are referring to the main flow/returrn piping.

Reply to Vaillant EcoTec - 10mm pipework to radiators? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Vaillant Ecotec Plus 832 boiler is 13 years old, 4 of which since we've been living there, started to play up in last couple of months. An engineer with very good reviews came round and says it will cost 700+VAT for 'replacement expansion vessel, pressure relief valve and diverter valve on...
Replies
Views
I just had a quote for a new boiler install as follows I dont undertand why a 15-60 boiler pump is needed and a 25-100 pump is needed as well I currently have an ideal mexico 2 heat only boiler - It has one DAB pump on the boiler return and a 2 port valve at the flow pipe to allow for heating...
Replies
Views
I am considering replacing my existing boiler with the new 2023 Vaillant ecotec plus 625 boiler. I currently have 3 x Heatmiser neoStat thermostats that are all hard wired back to the wiring centre; one for the central heating, one for a room with UFH, and one for the HW. I use the Heatmiser...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am replacing our 11 year old boiler (due to H.Ex. leak) with a new one. This is in a "sealed" system with red expansion vessel in airig cupboard & a megaflo (no tank in loft). However the exisiting boiler is Vaillant ecoTEC 4xx boiler - which is satated by vaillant as an "open vent" boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi, I was hoping to replace an old system boiler with a Vaillant Ecotec Exclusive 627 system boiler, thats the one with the diverter valve so no need for zone valves, controling it with a V-Smart and a VR10. I've spoken to Vaillant Tech and they said you cannot use the VR10 with a vented...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock