Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant EcoFit Pure 835 Temperature Panel Control in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello all,

Just moved into a house with a Vaillant EcoFit Pure 835 boiler that is 3-4 years old but the previous owner did not bother to register with Vaillant, so Vaillant says its not under warranty.

I've noticed that despite setting the CH to 60 degrees on the boiler's control panel, the boiler heats to 75 degrees with the radiator LED blinking. The DHW is set to 50 degrees but I am pretty sure the output from boiler is much hotter than that.

Can someone please clarify what is happening here and how can this be fixed?

Thanks.

Attachments

• 1674828620101.png
    1674828620101.png
    361 KB · Views: 8
  • 1674828701642.png
    1674828701642.png
    181.6 KB · Views: 7
Thanks for your replies.

I have a wireless room thermostat which is called Vaillant VRT 350F. On this device, I have desired room temperatures set to 18 degrees only when the heating is ON.
I am not aware of any other setting. Kindly advise.

If the room thermostat is responsible, is there a way to take its batteries out and start the CH on the boiler itself after bypassing VRT350F? This can establish if the boiler panel controls are working on their own.

Also, this does not explain why the DHW is so hot!

Thanks for your replies.

I have a wireless room thermostat which is called Vaillant VRT 350F. On this device, I have desired room temperatures set to 18 degrees only when the heating is ON.
I am not aware of any other setting. Kindly advise.

If the room thermostat is responsible, is there a way to take its batteries out and start the CH on the boiler itself after bypassing VRT350F? This can establish if the boiler panel controls are working on their own.

Also, this does not explain why the DHW is so hot!
The VRT 350 is capable of load compensation as far as I remember.
That means that it can regulate the boiler temperature by overriding the boiler settings.

Thinking of the room where the VRT is situated:

Is the room reaching temperature quick enough?
Once it is up to desired temp, does it remain comfortable and if so are the radiators still very hot?

It may be that the radiator where the sensor is, is undersized? or could it be in an area/room that never reaches the desired temp for some other reason?

It is difficult without seeing the set up you have but worth a try.

Have you tried siting the sensor in another room/area to see how it performs.

The VRT 350 is capable of load compensation as far as I remember.
That means that it can regulate the boiler temperature by overriding the boiler settings.

Thinking of the room where the VRT is situated:

Is the room reaching temperature quick enough?
Once it is up to desired temp, does it remain comfortable and if so are the radiators still very hot?

It may be that the radiator where the sensor is, is undersized? or could it be in an area/room that never reaches the desired temp for some other reason?

It is difficult without seeing the set up you have but worth a try.

Have you tried siting the sensor in another room/area to see how it performs.
I have the VRT350 manual somewhere so I will check on this load compensation.

As the thermostat is wireless, it tends to stay in multiple rooms.
The radiator valves in 2 rooms are already closed to conserve energy, but the other radiators are getting hot enough, apart from one that is farthest from the boiler. The twin radiator nearest to the boiler gets very hot very soon.
The balancing on the system is quite bad and I am partially responsible for that, but I never realised that this could lead to boiler overshooting the temperature set at its own panel!

If there is a dummy guide on radiator balancing, please do share. Thanks.

Try to keep the control in one place. Maybe the living room.
Some controls (not sure about yours as we use the sensocomfort now) can be optimising as well as load compensating.
If it is attempting to 'learn' how quickly your property takes to reach a desired temperature, keep moving it won't allow it to work correctly. As I said, i can't remember whether or not the VRT 350 does that or of it just uses load comp.

A week in one place may show a difference. 1.5 meters up and away from heat sources is good.
Failing that, you'll need to get someone out to look at it and balance system.

Vaillant literature is all on their website if you need it.

A week in one place may show a difference. 1.5 meters up and away from heat sources is good.
Sorry for late reply. This advice did not help unfortunately. The VRT350F has been on a 1.5 meter high shelf for ~3 months and it did not make an iota of difference to temperature or behaviour.

Just had the boiler serviced and the engineer told me that despite the display on the boiler, the water being circulated might be 65 (which is my control panel setting on the boiler). He was clueless when I told him that regardless of temperature settings on the control panel, the radiator always got heated to the same temperature.

There is an option of resetting VRT350F which should lead to installer menu, but the service engineer was not keen on that. I understand that as the VRT550F user manual says that boiler will not fire unless it is setup properly.

Should I focus on getting some help from Vaillant here? Would they even help me as I am not an installer?

Reply to Vaillant EcoFit Pure 835 Temperature Panel Control in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a Vaillant ecofit pure, we had it installed about 6 years ago so it's not an old boiler, a new pump was also fitted at the same time. Anyway, I have the hot water set to come on the morning but the last couple of days I've noticed after around 10mins it's cuts out, then after s couple of...
Replies
Views
I have a Vaillant ecoFIT Sustain (system?), boiler, with hot water tank. We have hot water and radiators heat fine. My query is that only the radiator symbol on the boiler has been set (70 degrees), the ‘tap‘ symbol says ‘off’. I guess it’s the same temperature for both hot water and to heat...
Replies
Views
WB 4000 installed a few months back, just balanced the 7 rads - managed to get around 15 degrees delta across most rads. Not quite the 20 degrees but still. Flow set to 60 degrees for now. 1.Obviously I want to ensure the return temperature into the boiler is below the 55 ish degrees needed for...
Replies
Views
We have an all Vaillant setup - an EcoTEC Plus 637 system boiler plus wired VR720 and VR92 SensoCOMFORT controller, driving two CH zones plus DHW. It all works, but unfortunately we have found that the room stats are poorly located, and so the level of control is not what it should be. We had...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello all, I’m looking for some advice on my Vaillant boiler, which is controlled by my Hive thermostat. I have set the radiator flow temperature to 75 degrees on the boiler control panel, but the actual temperature never gets hotter than 50. I have done some checks, and believe I have found...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock