Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant Eco Tec Purge in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi.

Our Vaillant Eco Tec Pro 28 (13 Years Old) stopped working two days ago. The boiler was trying to fire up but the start up sequence never got all the way through so no heating or hot water. No error code but an S.97 code when I hit the 'I' button.

After an engineer fitted a new pressure sensor, still no joy, but after a purge of the system (P0), the boiler started working again. All good but the boiler stopped working again today. After some on and off and turning the hot water tap on and off it finally managed to dial through the start up sequence and fire up. So I can see this is going to be an intermittent problem.

Our engineer suggested a full flush and clean of the boiler to remove any sediment could solve the problem or it could make it worse and we could end up wasting money doing this. Or a new boiler, which we can accept is a possibility given it's age.

I have tried to speak to Vaillant but they aren't much help to homeowners. I'm just trying to work out if there are any other solutions to explore before we bite the bullet and fork out for a new boiler.

Also worth noting the boiler had been making slightly unfriendly noises (we were due to get a service soon), after the central heating system was drained and a new radiator installed a couple of months ago.

Help much appreciated!

Ray

If there is no fault code you will be clutching at straws for a repair.
13 years is pretty good for a combi as they have a tough life.

WHen it stopped working today, did it produce an error code? If it’s still the same as not getting passed s97 (status code) it could be a £200 give or take part plus fitting.

Hhmmm quite a common problem we really shouldn't give advice on boiler faults , if I had to guess you probably have rubber hoses connecting the flow and return to the heat exchanger ? these tend to perish breakdown small parts dislodge and cause blockage problems , cheapest option is a Valliant one off repair many engineers would point you to a upgrade on a boiler of that age . Kop

WHen it stopped working today, did it produce an error code? If it’s still the same as not getting passed s97 (status code) it could be a £200 give or take part plus fitting.

No error code. There has never been an 'F' error code but the same S97 status code. Intermittently not progressing past S97 but a bit of on off and it works again.

What would be the job for £200? A part replacement or a clean?

Many thanks.
[automerge]1607205638[/automerge]
Hhmmm quite a common problem we really shouldn't give advice on boiler faults , if I had to guess you probably have rubber hoses connecting the flow and return to the heat exchanger ? these tend to perish breakdown small parts dislodge and cause blockage problems , cheapest option is a Valliant one off repair many engineers would point you to a upgrade on a boiler of that age . Kop

OK thanks Kop. Not looking to fix any faults myself just trying to weigh up all options and possibilities before a big expenditure.

Thanks.

Ok
It would be a part replacement - sorry but can’t give exact part.

OK thanks.

And lastly you don’t think it would be an issue with the plumbing? Air lock etc. With new radiators and plumbing installed recently. All rads working fine once the heating does kick in.

Many thanks.

No draining and refilling has disturbed debris in the system after fitting the rads it's always a risk on a system that old once dirt gets in the hydroblock then it leads to S97 faults it's the kiss of death for a Valliant a adey magna clean pro fitted to the system and a good chemical clean and flushing may help but as I said in my first post if you have the rubber type hoses internally in the boiler then this is going to be a expensive exercise with no guarantee it will solve the issue that's why a Valliant engineer visit is your best call , other than that it's a new boiler or your throwing good money away on the old girl . Kop

Reply to Vaillant Eco Tec Purge in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock