Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant condensate into washing machine stand pipe in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

hi, i have a 40mm boss connection at the top of a horizontal soil stack that runs in the room. I'm intending to put a washing machine stand pipe at the end of this.

I also have a Vaillant ecotec pro 28 boiler next to where the washing machine will sit and was hoping to get the GSR to reroute the boiler condensate internally once this lockdown is over (currently goes outside). Before i complete fitting the washing machine stand pipe was just wondering where the boiler condensate would be best incorporated so i can add in a 40mm swept tee where the GSR can weld in the 21mm condensate piping.

I understand my boiler has a 145mm trap incorporated but just want confirmation on whether the tee would end up before or after the washing stand pipe p trap.

page 14 of the maintenance manual has a bit more information about what the manufacturer recommends for anyone that understands better than i do.

Annotation 2020-04-15 212725.png

thanks, not at home to take a picture but have tried drawing it out.

soil pipe is laid horizontally and going to be subfloor. it comes from the downstairs toilet
green pipe currently going outside. wanting it all internal to be done by GSE
red pipe is 40mm washing machine stand pipe with p trap and bossed into soil pipe. want to incorporate the swept tee in here

hope that helps

Last edited:
I would use one of these and add a separate connection into the soil pipe for the condense. Kop

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200417-082558.png
    Screenshot_20200417-082558.png
    157.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20200417-082620.png
    Screenshot_20200417-082620.png
    130 KB · Views: 6
thanks kop, and apologies as it seems to be taking a while for replies to be approved.

only reason i was questioning where in the WM stand pipe was because i understood the MI to suggest it should go into a vertical part of an internal soil pipe if it went directly. dont think that'd be necessary in this instance?

a) preferably the discharge pipe should run and terminate internally to the house soil and vent stack (at least 450 mm above the invert of the stack). A trap giving a water seal of at least 75 mm (3) (built into the boiler) should be incorporated into the pipe run, and there must be an air break (4) in the discharge pipe upstream of the trap.

Reply to Vaillant condensate into washing machine stand pipe in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock