Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant combicompact ecomax - excessive noise from cold in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Skysparky

HELLO ALL,
WHENEVER THIS BOILER STARTS FROM COLD IT "POPS", "BANGS", AND "MOANS".
IT ONLY APPEARS TO DO THIS WHEN HOT WATER IS SELECTED AS WELL AS HEATING. - THE HOTWATER OUTLET IS CONNECTED TO A MEGAFLOW CYLINDER VIA A MOTORISED VALVE AS WELL AS DIRECT HOT TAP FLOW.
WOULD I BE CORRECT IN ASSUMING THAT THE BOILER DHW HEAT EXCHANGER IS KETTLING ??
CAN ANYONE PLEASE ADVISE AS TO THE ACTION NEEDED TO RECTIFY ?
CAN THE DHW HEAT EXCHANGER BE REMOVED AND DESCALED MAYBE ?
IS IT LIKELY THIS COULD BE A FLOW PROBLEM OR ANYTHING MORE SINISTER.:confused:

PLEASE HELP - I NEED TO BE ABLE TO SLEEP PAST 05.30 WHEN THIS HAPPENS !!!

THE BOILER IS APPROX 7 YEARS OLD IN A HARD WATER AREA - BUT HAS GOT FERNOX INSTALLED.

ANY HELPFULL ADVICE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED -

MANY THANKS:cool:

could be sludge you may need a de-scale vent some water from a rad what colour is it?are you getting constant air and yes if you live in a hard water area you may have a scaled up plate heat

Thanks for your reply Gas Man,
The water from the rads is clear - I am getting constant air yes and losing a small amount of pressure.
Can I add a de-scaler and if so what would you suggest ?

Thanks again.
Skysparky

as a descaler fernox or sentinel x 800 the later can be very aggressive next time you bleed air out of a rad very carefully see if it burns it wont be air it will be nitrogen a side effect of corrosion

Hello there, I went to a customers house where they have a turbomax plus 828 and the problem they have is the 2 downstairs radiators only get hot from the top and not the bottom. I have inserted sentinel x400 and left it for 2 weeks. All the radiators are less than 2 years old and only the downstairs pipework is new. I will be going back to the house in the next couple of days to drain out the chemical. If this does not solve the issue I am in 2 minds whether to tell the customer it is a poor pump or needs a power flush. Also I failed to mention when the customer had the rads and the downstairs pipework redone the installer never inserted inhibitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vaillant combicompact ecomax - excessive noise from cold in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock