Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant circuit board / diverter valve query... Vaillant experts needed! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Crusty

Hi,

Noticing that the heating wasn't working I've changed the diverter valve on my vaillant turbomax (installed 2006ish and only ever used for hot water... Until now)

The diverter valve can be set manually (frigged) to make the boiler deliver hot water or CH, but won't switch automatically. Taking the covers off and looking at the circuit boards I noticed that there's a small white electrical connector coming from the diverter valve main connector but there's no socket to connect it to on the circuit board. I reckon this is the connector which will energise the diverter valve solenoid to make it switch automatically.

Can anyone help, i.e. do I need a new circuit board, does the connector go somewhere else, or does something else need modifying as previously it has only been used for hot water?

Any help much appreciated!
I can send photos if necessary.

Cheers!
Crispin
Bristol.

This plumbing forum will not provide advice to anybody with regards to boiler repairs or any other form of gas plumbing without you first providing us with your Gas Safe Registration number in a thread - for very obvious reasons. If you're not qualified to touch gas, you should stay well clear of trying to!

Hi all,
Thanks for your responses. Suffice to say I'm new to this forum!
The gas side has been plumbed in by a gas-safe qualified professional. I am a professional engineer and I'm seeking advice. However the problem can be fixed I will get it done by a professional.
I'm also trying to weigh up whether it's in fact worth investing in a new boiler.

I would welcome any more constructive advice, to help me make a good decision and to stop me from getting my proverbial pants pulled down!

Many thanks!

You've already broken the law by opening the case. Leave it alone. You are NOT competent, engineer or not.

I will allow this thread to remain open for the purpose of research into a new boiler however should I see any questions along the lines of "what's required to repair this" and the thread will be closed without further notice.

Thanks Croppie,
Yes, I welcome advice on whether a new boiler is needed, or whether it can be made to work as is or with modification. Specifics needn't be given. Your point on competence is well understood.
Cheers.

Good man.

its only been used for hot water?
has a new central heating system been installed?

if so has the property been properly insulated and central heating to suit?

if so i would go for a newer boiler than can accept weather compensation!

give that a google.

i would suggest an atag boiler ;)

it will prob be worth fixing it, ask the gas safe engineer you use to have your boiler serviced to take a look.

welcome to the forum.

Thanks everyone, thanks for the welcome.
This place is great!

KillyBing, it's a large Victorian flat, a new CH system has been installed, the place has been insulated as far as a house with big solid walls can be, though the issue is the switching between hot water and CH.

SimonG, I'm an aerospace test engineer working with hydraulics, aviation fuel, safe use of electricity in explosive atmospheres (SUEPEE, ATEX), and have also served time in automotive quality. I know what a 'competent person' is. I'm not qualified in boiler installation, which is why it's been installed by a professional some time ago.
I'm looking for some helpful advice on what to do as I don't know much about electronics and thought this would be a familiar issue to a vaillant installer, hence my post.

I posted a response to croppie (thanks croppie) but for some reason it doesn't show above (might be my device)
Cheers all for the continuing advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vaillant circuit board / diverter valve query... Vaillant experts needed! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am looking for a heating engineer to diagnose and resolve an issue with my Vaillant EcoTec 832 combi boiler. Job Location: Copeland Rd, London. Job Description: Problem: The boiler is not providing heating under normal conditions, although hot water supply is fine. Interestingly...
Replies
Views
I have a CH circuit on a 2 way zone valve. It’s a long circuit with 15 rads on it but rather than shutting down the last 5 rads in the circuit when not in use which is 90% of the time, can I put a 3 zone valve on the flow after the tenth rad and divert to a new T piece on the return to...
Replies
Views
Got a replacement combination boiler, less that 1 year old. Noticed some water from the connection pictured. Can't see what is it from the manuals, possibly a rainwater drain? Was told by the person from Vaillant that it was an A A V (auto air vent), but she didn't sound too certain! Can...
Replies
Views
It was fitted with the boiler a Potterton Suprima 30L about 21 years ago. Two PCB's later and a new fan the boiler is working perfectly. However, the programmer display is not showing any digits for the clock or anything else so I am unable to program it. It still works the boiler manually...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some urgent advice. I've Just come home after going out for evening, to discover hallway floor and kitchen floor covered in water. On further inspection I discovered that water was coming from boiler cupboard. On looking in boiler cupboard I found boiler has started leaking water...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock