Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant Boiler Issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Guys
I registered so that you may be able to help me with a problem with my old Vaillant Turbomax Plus 828e.

Been having problems with the DHW for a few weeks.

Cleaned the Secondary Plate heat exchanger with Hydrochloric Acid and it helped considerably.
Found the pump was a bit knackered so replaced it with a new Grundfos UPS 2. All the rads are ok now!
The problem is that on full flow on the DWW the temp on the display shows around 70 degrees.
If I close the flow by turning the tap down then it is fully controllable with the knob. Approximately 45 to 75 degrees.

If I open a few taps or the big one in the utility room then it doesn't matter where \i put the knob it is always around 70 degrees, it won't go lower even if the knob is fully CCW.

The only thing I can think is the Aqua Sensor does something weird when on full flow that upsets the boiler.

Everything else works fine. Can't turn the CH too high as I need to fit the external expansion as the internal one is knackered. I hope 18 litres is ok?

Kind Regards Rob

You might want to get your mate across the road to have a look at it then. You're not allowed to work on a gas boiler without being GSR and nobody on this forum is going to help/encourage this I'm afraid.

Thanks for the replies. I am not touching the Gas side. As an Electronics engineer amongst other things I am sure I can diagnose electrical faults without breaking any rules unless they have changed recently. I have no intention of touching the gas or opening the sealed burner compartment. All the electrical stuff is behind the drop down cover, or are you saying I am not allowed too touch that as well.

Thanks for the replies. I am not touching the Gas side. As an Electronics engineer amongst other things I am sure I can diagnose electrical faults without breaking any rules unless they have changed recently. I have no intention of touching the gas or opening the sealed burner compartment. All the electrical stuff is behind the drop down cover, or are you saying I am not allowed too touch that as well.
Not allowed to take the cover off 5he boiler, I’m afraid.

I haven't! There is a drop down door on a Turbomax. This gives access to the PCB Pump DHW Plate Heat exchanger ETC.
So what are you saying? Can't a MSc Engineer change a fuse on a boiler PCB?

And there it is. I’m an engineer so can do anything. Mate we have forum rules and you won’t get the answer you’re looking for, what if you inadvertently dislodge the gas pipe or if you damage the pcb how do you know you’ve set the boiler up properly again

I haven't! There is a drop down door on a Turbomax. This gives access to the PCB Pump DHW Plate Heat exchanger ETC.
So what are you saying? Can't a MSc Engineer change a fuse on a boiler PCB?

You could be anybody you want to be , one more time. ........ ITS THE RULES OF THIS FORUM

Even though you e got a drop down lot it does not give you the permission to take the hex out to clean it out. It’s not just forum rules it’s the rules of gas safe. If you are registered you can work on a boiler if you aren’t then unfortunately you have to call you mate from across

Hi Mate
I understand the Gas Safe Regs and why they were implemented.
I work on 132 Kv 100A, Vacuum systems, SF6 Gas and 10 MV Photon production equipment. I am probably capable of changing a fuse without dislodging a gas pipe, god forbid damaging a PCB, some of the ones I work with cost in excess of £10K not a couple of hundred!!
I understand why you cant help but don't think that because you have RGI status you can dictate.
All I wanted was a bit of help to understand the issue. If it was a gas valve problem I would get my mate to come and sort it. He owes me I installed his UFH

Just had to get a dig in yeah? Well done for your qualifications, really!! We aren’t dictating we are keeping other people who may not have your superior knowledge safe. This is an open forum remember and what you might be able to do with your eyes shut joe bloggs may kill them self doing. Please stop pushing it

I understand why you cant help but don't think that because you have RGI status you can dictate.

Actually Rob yes he can dictate. Gas safe registration means any RGI can lose that registration if he advises someone who hasn't ticked boxes.

This is not a personal sleight so do not take it that way. As an open forum we all have a legal duty of care - even you if you advise. What you do in the privacy of your own home is up to you but this is open.

He's fine to do that work as it's got a separate main combustion seal eg like the baxi 105

Eg clean the plate and replace the pump

Yes and whilst I agree mate surely it’s still giving Joe Bloggs the wrong idea as they won’t differntiate between boilers

Yes and whilst I agree mate surely it’s still giving Joe Bloggs the wrong idea as they won’t differntiate between boilers

My reading of the forum rules:

UKPF Rules And FAQ’s

, which for some non-obvious reason (@Lou, @Dan ???) are only pinned at the top of 'Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms' area is that they are intended to prohibit any discussion of repairing boilers, which I'd interpret as anything inside any cover that the homeowner is not intended to remove.

Reply to Vaillant Boiler Issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock