Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant aqua plus water pressure low in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, my ten plus year old Vaillant aqua plus boiler water pressure is low, however its not a conventional valve top open, I've purchased a
key filling valve - below, unfortunately it doesn't fit the valve due to valve being previously opened with a flat screwdriver which has misshaped/worn out the valve. I've read somewhere that I could leave one end of the loop open to slowly increase pressure, is this correct? I've uploaded a photo if anyone can help!

VAILLANT AQUA PLUS VUI 362-7 & 362-7 R3 FILLING VALVE HANDLE KEY 125151 ORIGINAL | eBay

20190509_192632.jpg

No David not a good idea,
1. The Water Regulations state the flexible loop should be removed in-between use, of course nobody does but leaving one side open all the time increases the chances of the other valve letting-by & overfilling your system or allowing back flow of dirty heating water back into contaminate the drinking mains.
2. The flexible filling hose may burst under the mains pressure if one side is left open.
The answer is to leave the one in the boiler with both valves closed and add a Part L complaint filling loop to the system, if you have room below the boiler.

Thanks, got a local plumber in to look at the problem. Unfortunately looks like a wider issue with the boiler where a load of gunk from the very old radiators has got into the system. Though the plumber first added a filling loop and drained the system, whats odd is the loop is connected below the filter which I'm not sure would have led to the boiler being full of gunk in the first place. I'm not a plumber so obviously dont know these things. Your help is much appreciated.

20190515_063701.jpg

Reply to Vaillant aqua plus water pressure low in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a Vaillant eco plus 837, year installed 2008. It works well. We have one large zone for the house with 13 rads running off it. We also have an UFH zone in the kitchen. Near the boiler I have 2 port valves which control this part of the system. The boiler has been loosing pressure...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
Hi, I was hoping to replace an old system boiler with a Vaillant Ecotec Exclusive 627 system boiler, thats the one with the diverter valve so no need for zone valves, controling it with a V-Smart and a VR10. I've spoken to Vaillant Tech and they said you cannot use the VR10 with a vented...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I replaced my existing washbasin bowl set with new Shaw and Mason forward bowl set spindles and chrome handles. The water pressure has reduced tremendously. when I opened the tap and tried running water directly it comes with full pressure. Also, if I open the spindle from the basin it...
Replies
Views
P
Hi All, I have replaced my existing Shaw and Mason chrome set with the Shaw and Mason forward bowl spindles/ Handles. I have kept the same tap or the water dispensing unit. The water pressure has reduced after I made the changes. I installed the original spindle back but same low pressure. If I...
Replies
Views
PRJSyd
P
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock