Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant 630 weeping cracked plastic manifold in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All - has anyone else had weeping from a hairline crack in the black plastic manifold where the flow comes out of the burner? See pic. Looks like you can replace the whole thing, but can’t find a part number. Can anyone help? Might just be calling it the wrong thing!?
Thanks,
Andy

Attachments

• 867C0681-37AF-4D93-B68C-0AD0BA625383.jpeg
    867C0681-37AF-4D93-B68C-0AD0BA625383.jpeg
    447.8 KB · Views: 11
  • AC91AB94-C7EE-45F9-B3B8-D7314DD46C18.jpeg
    AC91AB94-C7EE-45F9-B3B8-D7314DD46C18.jpeg
    280.3 KB · Views: 9
New boiler and tbh you shouldn’t remove the case / front cover

New boiler and tbh you shouldn’t remove the case / front cover
Hi - not a new boiler. Several years old. Have already had to replace the PRV a few months back when it failed and flooded the boiler room. Now a new leak. Or maybe it’s a consequence of the pressure going too high when the valve failed and stressed the plastic. Warranty is long gone. I can see where it is leaking. If it’s repairable I’ll try and repair it. If I didn’t think I could, I would be calling an engineer and not posting on here. I won’t be messing with the burner or gas. Happy to be told it is totally beyond me, and only a Gas Safe engineer should be touching any part of the boiler.

Sorry I mean you need a new boiler parts alone come to £500

I can see where it is leaking. If it’s repairable I’ll try and repair it. If I didn’t think I could, I would be calling an engineer and not posting on here. I won’t be messing with the burner or gas. Happy to be told it is totally beyond me, and only a Gas Safe engineer should be touching any part of the boiler.
Combustion products are on the other side of that plastic so Gas Safe it must be.

Sorry I mean you need a new boiler parts alone come to £500
Ah - ok, that makes sense… not great news, but thanks for your advice! Yeah - now realised that would need whole new heat exchanger as it doesn’t look like the plastic section is available separately. I could drain down and epoxy the crack… but then Sod’s Law it would go and burst on Christmas Eve! Looks like the wife is getting a new boiler for Christmas this year then!

Plus one for shauns post for new boiler as parts as over £500 it’s a full heat exchanger. So not for anyone who isn’t gas safe registere. Try Vaillant see if they do fixed price repair.

Plus one for shauns post for new boiler as parts as over £500 it’s a full heat exchanger. So not for anyone who isn’t gas safe registere. Try Vaillant see if they do fixed price repair.
Thanks again - reading the small print Vaillant exclude the HEX from fixed price repairs..,

Reply to Vaillant 630 weeping cracked plastic manifold in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock