Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant 438, VR65, VRT392f and Megaflow connections in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

azam

HI , I wonder if there is someone out there who can help, i've got a Vaillant Ecotec 438 open vented Boiler , a VR65 control center and a Wireless VRT392F thermostat controls with a large Megaflow HE 250L tank. I have installed the VR65 as per Vaillants instructions, the Hot water and Heating Valves are both connected to the VR65 that is only the L, N and E, Orange and grey wirels not connected, the ebus from the VR65 and Central heating pump are connected directly to the Boiler, the receiver for the VRT392f in installed directly in the front of the boiler, So thats the setup, Everything works however the question is how to connect the VR65 Cylinder thermostat control to the Megaflow to control the hot water? There is a 2 wire connection for a cylinder thermostat in the VR65 and 3 Red wires in the connection box on the megaflow 1, 2 and 3, Which wires go to where? additionally i've been informed by megaflow that the controls from the megaflow should connect to the water valve to shut the water off incase of a thermostat probe failure , but the hot water valve wires, that is the L, N and E are connected directly to the VR65 as per Vaillants instructions! additionally the VRT392f currently does not control the water temperature, it controls the boiler and Hot water valve but I'm having to control the water temperature directly from the megaflow? theroretically i should be able to control the water temp from the VRT392F. some help on this would be nice as to the megaflow connections to the vr65 and water temp control and what should i do regarding the Megaflow safety shutoff with the hot water valve. I hope this all makes sense. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vaillant 438, VR65, VRT392f and Megaflow connections in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have an all Vaillant setup - an EcoTEC Plus 637 system boiler plus wired VR720 and VR92 SensoCOMFORT controller, driving two CH zones plus DHW. It all works, but unfortunately we have found that the room stats are poorly located, and so the level of control is not what it should be. We had...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised valves simple bi-metal thermostat on wall in flat with 4 standard TRV's rarely used so not worried about the flat, and main house has Nest Gen 3 in the...
Replies
Views
I just had a quote for a new boiler install as follows I dont undertand why a 15-60 boiler pump is needed and a 25-100 pump is needed as well I currently have an ideal mexico 2 heat only boiler - It has one DAB pump on the boiler return and a 2 port valve at the flow pipe to allow for heating...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few threads on a few different forums but I wanted to share a full write-up with all the steps needed, benefits and costs. Overall, I fully recommend...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm looking for suggestions on heating controls. We'll be upgrading our boiler (To a modulating oil system boiler - EOGB Sapphire) and unvented cylinder (To a Mixergy cylinder) as we currently have a 13 year old fixed output combi boiler with a unvented cylinder which is fed solely...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock