Search the forum,

Discuss vailant plus 630 R1 in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

can someone clarify for me pls.
I have a vailant plus 630 R1. Approx 18 years. Clean as a whistle as recently had power flush inc chems so know all is clean and well.

Despite setting the rad temp to say 75*, it rarely if ever runs to that temp. it’s generally max at 60* and as low as 50*.

I’ve read countless articles and spoken to several engineers and need clarification to the following pls:

1) if rad temp (not room stat) is set to 75*, and the room is nearing its target temp, does the boiler decrease the flow temp therefore could be running for example at 60* as just doesn’t need the 75* to achieve target temperature?

2) if the outside temp is mild, again would the boiler only run at a lower temp again as just doesn’t need the full 75* to achieve target ?

3) I have a old house full of cold and draughts with high ceilings. I need to force my boiler to maintain a high / hot radiator temp output to keep the place warm even on milder days. Is there a way to do this? It’s almost as if the boiler is too clever but just work in my setting.

lastly, if I run in P1, should this test the system on full blast as I’m half wondering if there’s something wrong and the boiler just can’t reach full temp ie blocked heat exchanger or even stuck diverted valve. I want to test the system at 75* to see if it can reach that temp and then I can eliminate that as an issue.
Thanks in advance.

What controls do you have?
The boiler can only read outside temps if there is a sensor or a smart stat taking info from a weather station.

It can modulate down as the return temperature starts to rise
Do you know what kw the heating is set to or if its auto?

What controls do you have?
The boiler can only read outside temps if there is a sensor or a smart stat taking info from a weather station.

It can modulate down as the return temperature starts to rise
Do you know what kw the heating is set to or if its auto?
Many thanks for the reply.
ive got VRT 360 room stat. VR65 control centre.
believe the KW heating is set to auto

It may have got stuck on a kw rating thats not high enough to heat the house.
Try manually setting it to maximum then you can rule that out.

Reply to vailant plus 630 R1 in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock