Search the forum,

Discuss Vaccine. .??? in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

Had the astra for my first two and Pfizer yesterday for the booster
That's the combination people in my area (Devon) who I know seem to be getting.

I will refuse booster , since second jab , I now get migraines!!!!! not bloody happy at all .

These vaccine passports are going to cause hell all over the world .

I had covid Feb 20 (tested positive for antibodies later) then both az jabs.
Had flu jab 3 weeks ago yesterday been very ill flu type symptoms injection site badly swollen for 2 weeks. Doctors think it's a reaction to all covid antibodies in my system.

It's sad to hear people with reactions to Covid jabs. Sadly, the vaccinations are the best defence we have and the only way we can reopen without 1000s of deaths so it must be a bit of bugger when they don't work well for people. Luckily my own reaction to the vaccination was mild, but I'm glad I had the jab (unlike several I know who managed to catch Covid and die before vaccinations became available).

Personally I think the passport thing I have here in Italy (which shows I am vaccinated, cured, or have a recent negative test) is wonderful as it means I can sit in a restaurant without risking sitting next to a no-mask, no vax, no testing person who may well infect me (albeit temporarily, as I'm hopefully immune, having had both Moderna shots) and put me and my family at risk. I see it much like having a driving licence (which I currently don't have as the Italian state won't let me use my UK one). I can see how badly implemented schemes will cause trouble, however.

What is even sadder, is that a number of people (shall we say a very significant minority?) are refusing the vaccination out of fear or to make a political point even when they are lucky enough to live in countries that would be able to give it to them. Unfortunately their choice to use their civil liberty to remain unvaccinated reduces other people's civil liberties very much (for example townfanjon who has good reason not to want a booster and who may find himself at risk or having to isolate/refuse work in order to remain safe if others don't vaccinate).

Had flu jab 3 weeks ago yesterday been very ill flu type symptoms injection site badly swollen for 2 weeks. Doctors think it's a reaction to all covid antibodies in my system.
I have been like that since flu jab two weeks ago like a cold but it doesn’t develop , tested myself twice and negative but could have had COVID as wife tested positive last week. Luckily only slight symptoms now finished isolation. We both are double jabbed just waiting for boosters

Coronavirus ("how long is a piece of string" pandemic) vaccines as on October 24 2021 - are needed more for:

1. eating - can't be masked,
  2. drinking - can't be masked,
  3. head face neck nose mouth ear eye cleaning / bathing in shared areas - can't be masked,
  4. dentistry work - can't be masked, and
  5. some medical work - can't be masked
Transmission is not being stopped by covid vaccines. This can be seen in the statistics. At all other stages, it is face masks and eyewear I'm afraid to say.

Last edited:
As said , this is going to cause huge problems , Australia being one , major problems down under.
I do not blame anyone for not wanting a jab , its personal choice as is wearing a mask .

3rd shot of pfizer last week. Hardly noticed any of them apart from slightly sore shoulder. 👍

Its not personal choice its a duty to society. Its as much for me as it is for my friends and family, especially my parents, i wouldn't be able to cope if i thought they had caught it from me.

I wasn’t wanting the vaccine but now forced to have it to go on holiday! Perhaps comes from my folks never getting flu jabs etc.

Surprising how many NHS workers choosing not to vaccinate given their first hand knowledge and experience also.

"In England, NHS data suggests 93% of eligible frontline staff have been vaccinated - equivalent to one million doses"
Published in march, the 93% can only have gone up since. But of course that info comes from nhs via bbc, both of which have an obvious interest in turning us into bill gates microchipped zombie army.

Last edited:
Well, the misses has the Pfizer and subsequently tested positive for Covid. Me and the kids had the AZ and so far we’re clear
I now know it shouldn't of made much difference despite what I said, primarily the vaccine (either) will stop you from getting seriously ill (symptomatic COVID) rather than reduce the chances of catching it in the first place. That's why the UK has a sky high infection rate but no where near the hospital admissions it had before. Hope she is ok?

Last edited:
No reaction to first vaccine, feverish for 24hrs after the second (OxfordAZ). The nurse said her hubby was in bed for a week after the first but no reaction after the second so it can affect us so very differently. Waiting for booster invite which should be in Novenber 6 months after second jab. I want it to be a different manufacturer, should stimulate the immune system other vaccines didn't reach.

I will refuse booster , since second jab , I now get migraines!!!!! not bloody happy at all .

These vaccine passports are going to cause hell all over the world .

Stop licking flux off the pipes then!!!

Good to hear from you again tfj but preferably not under your current circumstances.

Your very similar to me bud caught the Covid 24th of August PCR positive test , a week later did a antibodie test that showed I had antibodies I'd had 2 doses of AZ probably already had Covid before because antibodies don't show straight away, still caught it from a family I was working for not really got over it left me with health issues joint pain , mouth soreness , fatigue, had blood tests all came back normal docs says it is long Covid , had flu jab last week felt rough for a day or two but no worse than I do anyway .kop

"But of course that info comes from nhs via bbc, both of which have an obvious interest in turning us into bill gates microchipped zombie army."

I was hoping the microchips would make me better at mental arithmetic but I'm still as slow and inaccurate as a stoned snail. Disappointed.

No reaction to first vaccine, feverish for 24hrs after the second (OxfordAZ). The nurse said her hubby was in bed for a week after the first but no reaction after the second so it can affect us so very differently. Waiting for booster invite which should be in Novenber 6 months after second jab. I want it to be a different manufacturer, should stimulate the immune system other vaccines didn't reach.
According to Daughter the boosters are Pfizer , dont know where shes heard that though

"In England, NHS data suggests 93% of eligible frontline staff have been vaccinated - equivalent to one million doses"
Published in march, the 93% can only have gone up since. But of course that info comes from nhs via bbc, both of which have an obvious interest in turning us into bill gates microchipped zombie army.
Not sure about micro chips but yeh the BBC has a trust worthy track record!….not

Not sure about micro chips but yeh the BBC has a trust worthy track record!….not
Agreed, bbc info should be considered carefully.
Apparently another survey will be published in 28 Oct. according to:

In the meantime, where's the data your statement is based on:
Surprising how many NHS workers choosing not to vaccinate given their first hand knowledge and experience also.
Please.

Does anybody have any data to support the idea that "surprising" numbers of nhs staff are refusing the vaccine?
I'm genuinely interested.

This is the Monthly spreadsheet for Covid Vaccinations published 14th October 2021 broken down into groups one of which is NHS Healthcare workers.
Note , for England only, not Scotland, Wales or N.I

Table 8 within the spreadsheet,
Heading summary below,
Surprising? you decide.
Does not include Agency staff, no specific data available as they are not directly employed, so also would / could not count in any statement that may have surprising in it.
Also not forgetting that some NHS employees would not be able to have the vaccine due to medical conditions.

NHS Staff Vaccinations.PNG

Given the government's sabre rattling to make it mandatory for all frontline NHS staff to be fully vaccinated I am surprised that's it's as high as it is. 9/10 seems pretty good and yet it felt unable to leave some precautionary measures in place when deciding to open up.

No more for me either hands are playing up fingers click and lock up since Jabs mixing up COVID jabs which I didn't really want but done now FS
I'm having issues with my thumbs. But then I was having the same issues before the vaccines (in one case due to an injury from a shitty Italian non-solid-head drawing pin), so not relevant in my case (3 jabs Moderna = 2.5 doses total). Sorry it seems not to be okay for you.

What vaccine mix have you had?

No more for me either hands are playing up fingers click and lock up since Jabs mixing up COVID jabs which I didn't really want but done now FS
You seem to be describing a condition sometimes called 'trigger finger'. Quite common among plumbers because the trade requires a lot of strong gripping of spanners. The link you are making to covid vaccine is probably coincidence; don't let it stop you getting it checked out as, if my guess is correct, it's treatable.

You seem to be describing a condition sometimes called 'trigger finger'. Quite common among plumbers because the trade requires a lot of strong gripping of spanners. The link you are making to covid vaccine is probably coincidence; don't let it stop you getting it checked out as, if my guess is correct, it's treatable.
Your probably correct Chuck but have had long covid since August doctors are a waste of time if you can even get to see one they don't seem interested.

Reply to Vaccine. .??? in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock