Search the forum,

Discuss Vaccine. .??? in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

townfanjon

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Just out of interest, are you having and are ok taking the vaccine ?

I plan to take it when offered, but at 47 don’t suppose that’ll be for someone time.
In the meantime I’ll be keeping a wary eye on side affects, as I am asthmatic and prone to chest infections in winter.

I've got no issue with having the Vaccine if offered.

I'll be 70 early next year so will possibly fall within the "Over 70's" group.
However, I've got no known underlying conditions, except Tinnitus and dodgy knees. I'm not and never have been on any long term medication, so I may get passed over in favour of someone younger with conditions.

52 and in the clinically extremely vulnerable category.

I'll take it as soon as I can, only issue is I am allergic to penicillin which started 6 years ago. So I dont know how that would affect things.

I read today that doctors surgeries are pulling away from giving the Pfizer jab with the allergy advice.

I'll take it as soon as I can, only issue is I am allergic to penicillin which started 6 years ago. So I dont know how that would affect things.

I read today that doctors surgeries are pulling away from giving the Pfizer jab with the allergy advice.

Yes I have read that , I am allergic to one of the antibiotics and Bradford city fans , we may have a wait pal

Just out of interest, are you having and are ok taking the vaccine ?
Yes definitely. I know two people that have died of this thing and while I also know others that got no more than a few aches and pains they are in their 20s not late 50s like me.

It's really nasty this bug and I can't emphasize that enough. One of my friends daughters got it at university and took it home .....put him in hospital for two weeks and his daughter has had long Covid symptoms and has had to withdraw from university. So I'm afraid it's a roll of a dice with this bug and if your in your 50s have any health issues don't expect an easy ride

So my opinion is stick with medical science and not conspiracies

You will probably have the Oxford Astra Zenica vaccine Simon my neighbour has similar health issues and was refused the Phizer jab? my wife has had it and was rough for a couple of days then fine I am 58 and still waiting to be offered it. Kop

I have no problem having it the vaccine research was well underway long before covid 19 came to our shores due to the past Sars virus it just needed those brilliant scientists to apply it to covid which thankfully they were able to do and hopefully bring us a together again . Regards kop

I had my first jab of Pfizer over 2 weeks ago, all I suffered was an aching arm the next day.
I got my letter as soon as they opened up to over 65's locally and went the next day.

3 friends, all over 65 had the same, just aching arm.

My niece, who's 42, a firm NON believer of Covid, got Covid after Xmas and spent over 2 weeks in hospital, a few days of that on full time oxgen (not ventillator).
She could only walk 20mtrs before running out of breath when she was discharged, but is now slowly improving.

Her husband, the same age, tested positive absolutely no symptoms, my nephew who's a couple of years older and has underlying conditions and lives in the same house tested negative.

The brother of one of my niece's friends got it at the same time, 2 weeks in hospital going downhill followed by 2 weeks in a coma then died. He was 50 ish.
They had all taken advantage of the Xmas Bubble, only taken far too much advantage with lots of get togethers.

She and all her friends are now no longer non believers and are actively educating all their other friends.

Last edited:
I went to a local super centre, the old Central TV studios in Nottingham.
Checked in exactly on time, they won't let you in if you're too early and I started my madatory 15 minutes Pfizer waiting time after just 8 minutes.
That included a long walk down corridors, a moving queue, Q & A's with a Doctor and then a couple more with a student Nurse followed by the jab from a Nurse.

I get that some people have concerns about the jab, there were vaccines that did more harm than good when the technology was in its early years. (mmr was not one of these, it was safe and the alleged link to autism was put forward by a bent doctor for financial gain - its a very interesting story - Google "Andrew Wakefield")
The trauma of the past year (which for the majority of the world is far from over) has speeded up the existing research into finding a new method of vaccine creation - rna - little bits of parts of virus genetic material. As opposed to the old style which was basically injecting killed virus particles.
This is a step change in the war on viruses - it might be a bit like the invention of antibiotics.
This is my understanding.
I don't necessarily trust the government but I don't think our current government has anything to gain by killing us off or turning us into microchipped zombies or whatever some people have got into their heads about the vaccines.
As you might imagine, I was very happy to get my armful of Pfizer last week.

My Son now lives and works in the USA.
Prior to them going, his 3 children (boys) had had the MMR vaccine in the U.K
When they went to the U.S embassy for the Visa interview they were told that the U.K MMR doesn't necessarily protect against the strains common in the U.S and as a condition of the Visa all 3 would have to have the U.S version of MMR, which they did.

Apart from the 2 oldest turning into "Kevin the Teenager" well before they were teens, none of them have suffered ill effects of having 2 MMR jabs.
Anti MMR jab is still common over there.

You will probably have the Oxford Astra Zenica vaccine Simon my neighbour has similar health issues and was refused the Phizer jab? my wife has had it and was rough for a couple of days then fine I am 58 and still waiting to be offered it. Kop

Had the jab two weeks gone Friday, the Astra Zeneca one. I was full of cold at the time and didnt feel any different after the jab so was very happy about it.
Still working safely though but all good this end.

Hopefully you will get the call shortly.

She and all her friends are now no longer non believers and are actively educating all their other friends.
Got to laugh at that if not you'll cry...get off social media dim wits. (No offence)

I'm 51 and booked in on Monday and second dose in May sometime like GasMrk no hesitation. I caught COVID pneumonia as reported here and my symptoms weren't too bad tbh however the stress of isolating having infected the Mrs while trying not to infect my 87 yr old mum who I'd bought home to live with us sent my BP and hypertension off the scale so I was hospitalised for a few days. I needed the break tbh, everybody good now.

They tell you. If not just ask. It will probably be on a little card they give you

Attachments

• 16146816653655683958212350791238.jpg
    16146816653655683958212350791238.jpg
    303.2 KB · Views: 8
The time in the top right on the card was actual time of jab, so you know when the 15minute wait is over.

Although a couple of people did try to escape early where I was, no-one managed to get past the checking out desk.

DSC_0176[1].JPG

1st one done yesterday at St. Helens rugby ground very efficient about 30 mins all in checked in directed to seat in queue about 10 mins wait then vaccinated after answering questions then directed to seating area wait for 10 to 15 mins before leaving. No side effects so far

Got my letter but none offered locally to me on the website 40 -60 mile journey will keep looking . Regards kop

Wife got her letter on Saturday, similar thing. About 40 miles to nearest. Been told to hold fire and she'll get one in the town.
Now booked mine for the 21st and second one for the 12th of june with a 8 mile journey so not so bad now.

From what I've read I wish I'd had the Pfizer vaccine as it is more efficacious than the AstraZeneca. You guys that've had the Pfizer how many weeks until they have booked you in for the second jab?

Well, the misses had the
From what I've read I wish I'd had the Pfizer vaccine as it is more efficacious than the AstraZeneca. You guys that've had the Pfizer how many weeks until they have booked you in for the second jab?
Well, the misses has the Pfizer and subsequently tested positive for Covid. Me and the kids had the AZ and so far we’re clear

Reply to Vaccine. .??? in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock