Search the forum,

Discuss Vacating flat. What to do with Combi boiler? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
I have an Ideal Logic Combi C30 boiler in my flat.
I am now vacating the flat, and so the boiler will not be used.
How should i switch it off?
Does it have a gas pilot flame in it that i must extinguish? Do you know how to do this?

In the consumer unit, there is a breaker for "Boiler". Presumably i should shut this off?
Also, the main appartment gas valve is under the consumer unit. Presumably i should turn it to "off"?

Turn the water off at the stop tap and leave the boiler on off on the front control panel or turn the room thermostat down to min

Could be vacant for 2 months....is it dangerous to turn anything off?...eg the gas flame might cause probelms if the electric is turned off.....ie nothing to control the gas flame?

Last edited:
Thanks very much indeed, and should i turn the gas off?...and also, turn the breaker off in the consumer unit?(the one with "boiler" written on it).
Is it ok to turn the water off to the whole flat?......wont that kind of mean something going wrong>...like you end up with the toilet water level going down and then get air bubbles in the water system...or something?

I wouldn't normally isolate the gas but it won't do any harm. The breaker can be left on though.
The water being off wouldn't effect the trap levels in the toilet etc. You may want to leave plugs in sinks etc though as the traps can dry out over long periods.

If you turn it off completely you will have no frost protection at the coldest time if year

Reply to Vacating flat. What to do with Combi boiler? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock